FAB 5

So who are the starting 5 opening night and first off the bench?

My opening night 5 are:

Point - Gessel
Off Guard - Marble
Center - Gabe
Power Forward - McCabe
Small Forward - White
6th Man - Basabe for McCabe

Way too hard to call at this stage. But... I believe that we have enough solid contributors this year that more than 5 could start and we will see the starting 5 change from game to game.

No doubt its extremely early and just about anything could happen. Totally agree. I'm simply bored and trying to start a bball conversation. Can't wait for that opening tip!

I don't blame you at all. I have had this conversation with a few people and we go around in circles because there are quality players all around. Ive just come to the conclusion that the lineup will change depending on our opponents strengths. We have many players that can do different things, something we haven't had in a long while, and their strengths will allow us to switch the starting 5 up if needed.

I disagree that we will see various starting lineups. There is something to having a "rotation" that kids / players get used to. Minutes have the potential to vary based upon the opponent / matchups, but i don't see the starting lineup changing all that much. That has the potential to do more harm than good.

That is true. I don't think they switch the whole lineup every game, or even switch a person every game, but I think we see a few different sets throughout the season.

Whoever the 5 are I would like to see:

Marble
Gessell
Basabe
White
McCabe

But i feel May will work his way in at some point.

1) Gesell
2) Marble
3) White
4) McCabe
5) Woodbury

Let Woody get his feet wet early and often. He's gonna be a good one. Basabe could start for McCabe.

I think Basabe will be starting in place of McCabe.

Only Matt Gatens started more games than Zach. McCabe started 30 of 35 games. Only Marble was close to Zach. That should say something. Then again, things change, and things will definitely change for Iowa. We will see numerous starting lineups this year. They will change as the year progresses. And they will change with the opponent. That said, McCabe is going to start to begin the season.

Opener:
1) Gesell
2) Marble
3) McCabe
4) White
5) Melsahn

Start of the B1G season:
1) Gesell
2) Marble
3) White
4) McCabe
5) Gabe

Towards the end of the season:
1) Gesell
2) Marble
3) White
4) Melsahn
5) Woody

Bench:
- McCabe
- May
- Ogelsby
- Gabe
- Clemmons

That's a good bench.

I'm excited to see Fran's first printout of the starting lineup!

Man, how would you like to try to defend any of the lineups listed? Every player listed for the most part has the potential to score twenty or more points on any given night. This program has already come a long way already. "Lazarus come forth!"

Latest posts