F Mediacom

MelroseHawkins

I can't wait till this company just "goes away"! Their lame attempt at trying to put a grasp hold on consumers for a couple games a year is rather cute, but pathetic at the same time. The more they try the more they push me away! They f'ed up holding out on the BIG channel years ago & was the reason they lost me. I stated then I will never go back to MediaCON. Haven't missed them a bit. Glad to be able to stream the games thru BTN2Go. I CAN'T STAND THEM!!

I agree, I wish everyone would would just quit paying them money and get a dish already so they'd go away. At least I can watch the game through the BTN, but if it's like the other games they've had the quality will be HORRIBLE.

Next Friday isn't it on espn u? Does that come in on your sports pack or regular?

I agree, I wish everyone would would just quit paying them money and get a dish already so they'd go away. At least I can watch the game through the BTN, but if it's like the other games they've had the quality will be HORRIBLE.

I've seen worse, though. It was much worse last year with the questionable streamlines I used. At least with BTN2Go, one is not suseptible to a virus. I know after using the streamlines last year, my computer would act goofy & I'd have to uninstall some crap. It's tolerable but not ideal. Probably the last game we'll have to deal with MediaCON, Thank gawd! They put a taste in my mouth I just can't get rid of. Can't stand them. I'm in NL & have South Slope.

I've seen worse, though. It was much worse last year with the questionable streamlines I used. At least with BTN2Go, one is not suseptible to a virus. I know after using the streamlines last year, my computer would act goofy & I'd have to uninstall some crap. It's tolerable but not ideal. Probably the last game we'll have to deal with MediaCON, Thank gawd! They put a taste in my mouth I just can't get rid of. Can't stand them. I'm in NL & have South Slope.
What's NL?

NL person as well who has south slope. I did not think you could do btn2go with south slope? I would never go back to mediacom just to watch 2 crappy iowa games per year. I can listen on the radio.

I just read in the paper yesterday that there is a new cable company moving into Iowa City to offer service. Can't seem to find the article though. Not that I'm likely to switch from DirecTV, but at least there's another option coming in...

Edit: Found the article: http://www.press-citizen.com/articl...9/Our-View-PATV-funding-continues-not-forever

Actual name of the company is Alliance Communications (not that the Press Citizen would ever screw up their reporting). http://www.alliancecom.net/digital-cable-tv/

I dumped MediaScum a long time ago. They earned their reputation as worst cable provider. No argument from me. I have Dish and love love love it!

As for the games on BTN2GO...I stream it on the BTN2GO App on my Android phone. It comes in HD. Then I plug my phone into my Plasma TV (mini HDMI port on phone to HDMI on the TV) and BOOM. I'm watching the game in HD on my big screen.

No worries.

I thought last night's feed was a tad better than when they broadcast from IC. I just figured that Mediacom's Des Moines office had slightly newer camcorders than their IC office.

I can't wait till this company just "goes away"! Their lame attempt at trying to put a grasp hold on consumers for a couple games a year is rather cute, but pathetic at the same time. The more they try the more they push me away! They f'ed up holding out on the BIG channel years ago & was the reason they lost me. I stated then I will never go back to MediaCON. Haven't missed them a bit. Glad to be able to stream the games thru BTN2Go. I CAN'T STAND THEM!!
They tried to play deaf with me years ago. I haven't look back since.

Took me 50 days and a letter from the Iowa Attorney General's Office just to give me a record of my contract with them. Mediacom exudes unethical business practices and terrible customer service. It saddens me that they are associated with Iowa athletics.

Latest posts