Ezra Miller in Transfer Portal

So as Paul Harvey would say there's the rest of the story. Kinda bumbed out things aren't going to work out for him at Iowa. But glad he's in a better place in his life and ready to continue on.

Dang. That's a big loss and a lot to deal with, especially when you're transitioning into college life. The transition itself was hard and stressful enough for me. It stinks to lose him because I'm sure he'll have a great career, but wish him nothing but the best.

So as Paul Harvey would say there's the rest of the story. Kinda bumbed out things aren't going to work out for him at Iowa. But glad he's in a better place in his life and ready to continue on.
In this case, it feels like there's most of the rest of the story. Hope for his sake he ends up doing what he wants to do. Best of luck to him.

I partly think, "WTH? Why leave after all the support?" The other part says, "Yeah, staying at Iowa probably isn't going to help matters".

Good luck to him.
Exactly. Same here. It's just hard to tell. We don't know everything on both sides of it all. And we don't need to. We got the gist of it and that's what he's decided so good for him and hope he can move on. We often forget these kids are just that. Kids and people with all sorts of things going on in their lives with their families. IDC that they all lied about the back deal. I get it. They wanted to have a reason to put out there right then about it and that's just tough to do. So no harm no foul with me.

After reading that I think I am more sad to see him go than when he originally left the team.

Being able to lay that all out there like that is not easy. It shows great leadership. He will be tremendously successful wherever and doing whatever he wants if he can keep himself healthy.

I agree that he probably does just need a fresh start somewhere different.

He probably now has some negative connotations with Iowa Football...I get it. Even though he's thankful for everything...I think maybe he feels he's contributed to those negative thoughts/perception. A fresh start with no baggage is probably a good thing. No Nebraska, Minnesota or ISU please.

I partly think, "WTH? Why leave after all the support?" The other part says, "Yeah, staying at Iowa probably isn't going to help matters".

Good luck to him.
Exactly. Same here. It's just hard to tell. We don't know everything on both sides of it all. And we don't need to. We got the gist of it and that's what he's decided so good for him and hope he can move on. We often forget these kids are just that. Kids and people with all sorts of things going on in their lives with their families. IDC that they all lied about the back deal. I get it. They wanted to have a reason to put out there right then about it and that's just tough to do. So no harm no foul with me.
Sometimes the best thing to do when you've gone thru all of that is to completely change scenery.
Weird that he's transferring now that he's ready to resume football.
After reading that I think I am more sad to see him go than when he originally left the team.

Being able to lay that all out there like that is not easy. It shows great leadership. He will be tremendously successful wherever and doing whatever he wants if he can keep himself healthy.

I agree that he probably does just need a fresh start somewhere different.
He probably now has some negative connotations with Iowa Football...I get it. Even though he's thankful for everything...I think maybe he feels he's contributed to those negative thoughts/perception. A fresh start with no baggage is probably a good thing. No Nebraska, Minnesota or ISU please.
He kept his scholarship at the time but had it changed to a medical waiver scholarship. NCAA rules say once you do that you can't play for the same school again.

When he was recruited, I was really pumped because of his nasty streak on the line, but things don't always work out. I hope he finds a good home.

There's a post on Twitter where he says the U of Iowa "worked with him" on saying it was a back injury which would be a HUGE rules violation for the program. He retracted it with an apology, and backtracked saying he misspoke, but we live in the twitter age, homies. There's no such thing as "retracting" anymore. It doesn't exist. I hope for everyone's sake the NCAA doesn't think it's serious enough to investigate. That would be a big ass black eye.

Not good.

capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Last edited:
There's a post on Twitter where he says the U of Iowa "worked with him" on saying it was a back injury which would be a HUGE rules violation for the program. He retracted it with an apology, and backtracked saying he misspoke, but we live in the twitter age, homies. There's no such thing as "retracting" anymore. It doesn't exist. I hope for everyone's sake the NCAA doesn't think it's serious enough to investigate. That would be a big ass black eye.

Not good.

Not at all disagreeing, but what's the rule violation. Would they have reported the back injury when the applied for the medical hardship? Do we know that's what was reported? I'm guessing that the team and the NCAA can't release the medical condition.

Latest posts