External Report Looking into Racial Bias in Iowa Football Released

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Your hypocrisy to be exact.

You didn’t answer the question. And I know you saw my post responding to you in the other thread.

You don’t like me. You’re hoping this site goes under. You said you were leaving.

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

You didn’t answer the question. And I know you saw my post responding to you in the other thread.

You don’t like me. You’re hoping this site goes under. You said you were leaving.

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

When did I say I was leaving?

In his defense he probably will go to the other site as will the majority of us. This site isn’t going to drive traffic anymore, and good luck getting advertising dollars.

In his defense he probably will go to the other site as will the majority of us. This site isn’t going to drive traffic anymore, and good luck getting advertising dollars.

Yes, that’s my presumption. That’s not the same as a call to action.

If your presumption is the the majority, including yourself, who don’t like me or how I do my job are going to leave - WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

If your presumption is the the majority, including yourself, who don’t like me or how I do my job are going to leave - WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

Why is someone who isn’t a fan publisher for a fan site? I don’t have all the answers.

Now you’re just restating a question I’ve already answered.

Because the answer you've given makes no sense. You don't like how I do my job and have other options.

I'm done. Thanks for being here and helping us make money. Me and my family appreciate it.

Because the answer you've given makes no sense. You don't like how I do my job and have other options.

I'm done. Thanks for being here and helping us make money. Me and my family appreciate it.

You’re right, I don’t like when you push your narrative or your agenda. I also don’t condone your derogatory and homophobic tweets last week. But as you’ve stated numerous times, this isn’t about you.

It wasn’t “Tweets.” It was one Tweet that I quickly deleted and apologized for. It being homophobic is debatable. It was in response to two months of slander by a group of assholes on twitter who also involved my 15 yo son. You might try some context.

You keep making it about me. You have an obsession with me. That’s why you also still follow me on Twitter and continue to be on here. It’s a clear agenda.

Show some initiative and lead the change you’re predicting will happen here and leave. Unfollow me on Twitter. Act like I don’t exist. There’s no good reason for you to be here with how you feel.

You’re right, I don’t like when you push your narrative or your agenda. I also don’t condone your derogatory and homophobic tweets last week. But as you’ve stated numerous times, this isn’t about you.

But isn't that the job of a columnist?

It wasn’t “Tweets.” It was one Tweet that I quickly deleted and apologized for. It being homophobic is debatable. It was in response to two months of slander by a group of assholes on twitter who also involved my 15 yo son. You might try some context.

You keep making it about me. You have an obsession with me. That’s why you also still follow me on Twitter and continue to be on here. It’s a clear agenda.

Show some initiative and lead the change you’re predicting will happen here and leave. Unfollow me on Twitter. Act like I don’t exist. There’s no good reason for you to be here with how you feel.

"Debatable" and "context" are two words you must have just learned because they were never considered in your coverage the past 2 months.

Not at all. Their job is to be objective so the reader can decide for themselves, not injecting their own beliefs into the story.

This is from vocabulary.com regarding what a columnist is.

A columnist writes regularly for a newspaper or magazine, usually expressing opinions or commentary. A columnist might write an article endorsing a candidate for president one week, and a story about a terrible local fire the next week.

Seems to me Rob is doing his job as a columnist. Expressing his views. I disagree with some of his views. I'm sure the feeling is mutual. He referred to me, or people like me, as a "POS" not long ago.

The big question is why do you care so much about someone else's opinion?

It's hard for some people to grasp the difference between columns and news stories. When I write a column, the headline usually begins with "Howe:" If it's news, it won't have that.

I've said and written it before, there are a group of people that want to blame the media for things when they don't want to take responsibility themselves or acknowledge something they care about was wrong. You see it a great deal in politics. In this case, it's been proven with an internal report, an external report and dozens of players on social media that Iowa Football treated people with Black skin poorly compared people with White skin. It's called racial bias, and if you're not disgusted by it, that's a "you" problem.

It happened because Black players came out last month on social media and demanded change. James Daniels' first tweet was June 3 and it took Iowa 48 hours to respond until players came out in mass with their stories. This after Jordan Lomax said something to KF in '17, they had a diversity task force and James Daniels met with Barta.

Iowa football wasn't going to change until there was public pressure. And Ivory Kelly-Martin and others said it was a problem last season after KF and Barta already knew were told it was a problem.

The fans that blame the media are many of the same ones that don't feel there was racial bias. They line up with some former White players who think it was just tough coaching, nothing racial. And they're part of the problem.

I never once said KF should be fired and have written several columns (opinion) saying the best possible outcome was him fixing a program with years of racial bias under his watch. And he still has to earn the players' trust:

From the Husch Blackwell report:

Importantly, current players and coaches were uniform in their view that the program has implemented immediate and positive changes since the inception of this review. Players are cautiously optimistic that the coaching staff is listening to their concerns and having genuine conversations with them around difficult and complicated issues.

Fans who care more about the media coverage of this story and have to keep directing their focus there don't want to talk about racial bias in Iowa football. Many of them don't believe it is/was there or think it was overblown.

Sad.

This is from vocabulary.com regarding what a columnist is.

A columnist writes regularly for a newspaper or magazine, usually expressing opinions or commentary. A columnist might write an article endorsing a candidate for president one week, and a story about a terrible local fire the next week.

Seems to me Rob is doing his job as a columnist. Expressing his views. I disagree with some of his views. I'm sure the feeling is mutual. He referred to me, or people like me, as a "POS" not long ago.

The big question is why do you care so much about someone else's opinion?

I don't think you're a POS.

Latest posts