External Report Looking into Racial Bias in Iowa Football Released

This.

@RobHowe , can the other 3 reports be FOIA'ed? even if names were redacted it'd be pretty interesting. I suppose they'd just claim an exemption anyway.

You guys already put the pieces together here. Barta said they can’t legally release individual reports on the four coaches investigated. UI General Counsel did a good job there.

This whole dance was about appeasing public scrutiny and saving the program from further embarrassment. Window dressing at its finest.

"Well, we did something" is the mantra here.

Standard operating procedure in cover your ass issues. We call it CYASOP for short. You bring in some outside firm and have them "uncover" a few issues with some underlings. You throw a body under the oncoming bus. The report comes back and says "yeah, some bad shit happened, but changes have been made and everything is kosher now."

It's not dissimilar from polling or statistics. You commission a study, nudge the person conducting the study about what you want it to "prove" and they'll come back with whatever answer you want in a cute packaged report.

We’re told by Rob this whole time that he’s had no agenda. Yet, on the day the report comes out he’s as silent as he’s been through this entire 2 month period. It’s laughable to even pretend at this point.
Uh, like maybe Rob was busy posting clips and other content for the site and did not have time to post his thoughts or, in your opinion, restate his “agenda.” What an ass.

Standard operating procedure in cover your ass issues. We call it CYASOP for short. You bring in some outside firm and have them "uncover" a few issues with some underlings. You throw a body under the oncoming bus. The report comes back and says "yeah, some bad shit happened, but changes have been made and everything is kosher now."

It's not dissimilar from polling or statistics. You commission a study, nudge the person conducting the study about what you want it to "prove" and they'll come back with whatever answer you want in a cute packaged report.

Spot-on. Whose body gets thrown under the bus ... besides Doyle?

Spot-on. Whose body gets thrown under the bus ... besides Doyle?

That will be it. The inner circle that commissions a review never gets nailed because they're the ones who scope the review, it's always someone under that circle. So if the CEO commissions a review, maybe they'll go after the head of accounting. If the board of directors seeks it, they might go after the CEO. The review will always give some basis for navel gazing by the parties commissioning the review and they will say "we are going to make sure that doesn't happen again" but it never finds culpability on their part.

Uh, like maybe Rob was busy posting clips and other content for the site and did not have time to post his thoughts or, in your opinion, restate his “agenda.” What an ass.

Lol, that’s never been the case the past 2 months. Not one day. If it’s negative it’s posted or tweeted instantly. If it’s positive it’s posted in a 24-48 hour window if at all. If you don’t see that then you’re not paying close enough attention.

We’re told by Rob this whole time that he’s had no agenda. Yet, on the day the report comes out he’s as silent as he’s been through this entire 2 month period. It’s laughable to even pretend at this point.

You keep talking about Rob's agenda, but what is yours regarding Rob? You have a problem with him for some reason. We get it. I think it's safe to move on.

You keep talking about Rob's agenda, but what is yours regarding Rob? You have a problem with him for some reason. We get it. I think it's safe to move on.

I said I was done discussing it yesterday and someone quoted me. I replied.

We've already been over this topic. It's easier to try to focus on a perceived media bias that's not there than actually face disturbing racial bias from a football program for which you cheer.

I'm not going to change anyone's mind that views life through that lens, so I'm not going to waste any more time trying. On Twitter, I just block or mute them. People on here? Meh, whatever. Don't care.

Being as this is a Hawkeye fans message board where fans of their favorite school get to come on and talk about various staff, current and former players, memories, favorite plays, etc. it really makes me mad that this report didn't completely burn my favorite school down. Very disappointing that we don't get to burn the program to the ground. Dang it. Was hoping we could run some of the current staff out of town and never let them return. I thought for sure our own "investigative journalist" would get that done. I hope he keeps digging and gets his wish. I hope he gets that gotcha story.
Bugger off.

Bugger off.

Here was Airhawk's post from July 21st:

"Agree 100%, Rob has an axe to grind with KF. Rob keeps saying he gets no satisfaction from this but he can't wait to scoop something. Good for you. I have been on HN for many many years and I am done. Going to the other site to get the hell away from him. Good luck, enjoy yourself. I hope Rob ends up reporting on Regina softball. Puke"

The only one with an axe to grind is Airhawk. Another poster who threatens to leave, only to come back and complain about things. Why?

Here was Airhawk's post from July 21st:

"Agree 100%, Rob has an axe to grind with KF. Rob keeps saying he gets no satisfaction from this but he can't wait to scoop something. Good for you. I have been on HN for many many years and I am done. Going to the other site to get the hell away from him. Good luck, enjoy yourself. I hope Rob ends up reporting on Regina softball. Puke"

The only one with an axe to grind is Airhawk. Another poster who threatens to leave, only to come back and complain about things. Why?

In his defense he probably will go to the other site as will the majority of us. This site isn’t going to drive traffic anymore, and good luck getting advertising dollars.

If you don’t like me or this site for employing me, there’s no need to grandstand any more. You’ve expressed your opinion and it’s been received.

The people here want to be here. Maybe you’ll get your wish and me and/or the site will go away. I wouldn’t bet on it, though.

You have other options. No need to lower yourself by being here with us. No one is keeping you here.

Sounds like the current political system...attack the media (Rob) not the evidence in front of you. This is the epitome of a lazy, ignorant approach to a discussion. Please. Most of you are too old to have middle schooler mind sets. Or, not.

BTW. The release of personnel reports to the public is against the law. Period. True for public schools, State Universities, etc. For you private sector guys, how would you like to see your evaluation, your salary/benefit package, in the newspaper? My evals were done by 7 elected school board members. My salary and benefits were published, front page, by the local media. And, did my lay board members share some of my evals with their friends? Good question. Don’t know. Your call. Walk a mile...

Latest posts