External Report Looking into Racial Bias in Iowa Football Released

My guesses on the subjects of the four personnel reports not released:

Kirk Ferentz
Brian Ferentz
Chris Doyle
Seth Wallace
I may be wrong but I don't think Wallace was necessarily the subject of racial bias accusations. His main deal was bullying over mental health stuff and illegally sharing a player's GPA. Both are fireable offenses, though.

OMG. Kirk Ferentz is gonna get fired. He needs to go. Brian Ferentz gone. Wallace gone. Everyone needs to go.

Wait...that was just Chicken Little talking. Nevermind.

Listen...the program needs change...but KF deserves the right to change it. He needs to be accountable to the low grad numbers for black players and for the culture. It needs to be an inclusive environment. The positive feedback around recent changes does appear to show things are headed in the right direction. I'll be really surprised if Wallace isn't let go. The Kallenberger stuff is beyond anything I've heard. It should be unacceptable.

Yup. It sure should..... But will it be held to that standard? I myself don't think a 2nd chance is a given for something like that. I mean if he was my kid.... That's all I can think of in regards to this. If he was my kid It'd take everything I had to not be going batshit crazy over it.

Kirk Ferentz made mistakes, he freely admits that...and is taking responsibility. Both he and the program have taken heat in the area of public opinion and the school is getting a huge amount of negative press. The point I want to make is how Ferentz is taking this...he's not been defensive...he's not gone on the attack...he's not blamed the victims or attempted to discredit them or humiliate them. He's taken responsibility for screwing up...and has owned every bit of his failure with the black players.

Now, you have this group of people where that's not good enough, where somehow they are a better judge of what should take place and of the man's character. He's showing you his character...he's acting out his character.

What i find ironic is these same people I've seen supportive of the current president in posts and messages. A man that takes responsibility for nothing...but how it impacts him...and is devoid of any empathy or moral compass. Just interesting to me that our president is the one you give a pass to...you know...the same president trying to preserve the confederate monuments and the confederate flag...and who's policies toward people of color make Iowa's issues pale in comparison.

Last edited:
He left the discrediting and humiliation to his assistants.

Why don't you take a few hydroxychloroquine and chase it with a shot of clorox...it will kill that bug in your ass for KF for sure. Lordy, it's a universal cure. Wait, you weren't raped by Aliens or have demonic seed in your body do you?

We’re told by Rob this whole time that he’s had no agenda. Yet, on the day the report comes out he’s as silent as he’s been through this entire 2 month period. It’s laughable to even pretend at this point.

We’re told by Rob this whole time that he’s had no agenda. Yet, on the day the report comes out he’s as silent as he’s been through this entire 2 month period. It’s laughable to even pretend at this point.
I don't know exactly what it is you want. No matter what he writes, you're going to say it is to fit with his agenda. Could it be he is busy writing up articles for this website after attending the news conference and pouring over the report that came out today?

I don't know exactly what it is you want. No matter what he writes, you're going to say it is to fit with his agenda. Could it be he is busy writing up articles for this website after attending the news conference and pouring over the report that came out today?

I don’t want anything and this will be the last time I point it out. The excuses you just made are far too convenient, and obviously not the case. He’s tried to insinuate myself and others were wrong because we didn’t feel he was covering it neutrally. Whether he realizes it or not it was covered with an unconscious bias, and today only reaffirmed my opinion. Soap box over.

Being as this is a Hawkeye fans message board where fans of their favorite school get to come on and talk about various staff, current and former players, memories, favorite plays, etc. it really makes me mad that this report didn't completely burn my favorite school down. Very disappointing that we don't get to burn the program to the ground. Dang it. Was hoping we could run some of the current staff out of town and never let them return. I thought for sure our own "investigative journalist" would get that done. I hope he keeps digging and gets his wish. I hope he gets that gotcha story.

Being as this is a Hawkeye fans message board where fans of their favorite school get to come on and talk about various staff, current and former players, memories, favorite plays, etc. it really makes me mad that this report didn't completely burn my favorite school down. Very disappointing that we don't get to burn the program to the ground. Dang it. Was hoping we could run some of the current staff out of town and never let them return. I thought for sure our own "investigative journalist" would get that done. I hope he keeps digging and gets his wish. I hope he gets that gotcha story.
I think KF must have called him Ron Howe or completely forgot his name. And now by god, he and his family will pay!

I couldn’t find it after a quick google search. I’m guessing it was on a podcast or on twitter. Doyle was the only assistant allowed to communicate with NFL scouts - as I type this I think there may be a caveat, it may have been just during the season.

This whole dance was about appeasing public scrutiny and saving the program from further embarrassment. Window dressing at its finest.

"Well, we did something" is the mantra here.

Latest posts