Expectations headed South

It drives me nuts how people call go to guys ball hogs. In what world do they live in where scorers don't hunt shots? They are supposed to hunt shots.

Agree 100%. And some of the guys I mentioned, a lot of times said player(s) were putting the team on their backs because nobody else was doing much.. Still, people were acting like we'd be better off the next year when those players were gone. I especially thought it was hilarious when Devyn Marble was being accused of being a ball hog, despite also being Top 5-10 in the conference in ASSISTS.

I don't know about last, but it would appear that pundits were correct with their 8th/9th place finish.
Does anyone want to argue with me on my prediction? After 3 games, we are 0-3 in last place. I don't see us winning either of the next 2 games. I'm having a hard time seeing a victory in the next 5 games.

Does anyone want to argue with me on my prediction? After 3 games, we are 0-3 in last place. I don't see us winning either of the next 2 games. I'm having a hard time seeing a victory in the next 5 games.
At this point it would appear that Iowa is going full Cleveland Browns in the B1G this season.

Painful to watch. Hawks have zero concept of team defense. Garza seriously needs to learn how to protect the basket. Still have difficulty using a motion offense and do NOT pass the ball enough. Going to be a long season. Team has a drastic lack of fundamentals.....

I was optimistic that we would pick up where we left off last season with the newcomers adding to the mix. Pipedream apparently......

Wonder if there is team discord. Bohannon, last season had a working relationship with Moss, catching him on the wings right away, usually leading to a basket. This season he overlooks him all the time, missing that sweet spot where he is most effective. Perhaps it is simply the fact that the opponents have adjusted to the transition game that is the basis of Fran's offensive philosophy. It is highly ineffective this season.....

Going to be a long Cold one, in many ways this season. Hawkeye basketball usually makes the misery of the ice cold Iowa winters bearable. Not this season. We look as hapless as the worst Lick teams.....

The good news is that there is nowhere to go but up.....

Tyler had an outstanding game, best of his Hawkeye career. That was good to see. When the rest of the team advances, individually and identifying chemistry and an identity, this might be watchable at some point this season.....

Connor was effective, despite playing at far less than 100%. This season should be over for him. He needs to recover completely. He will be a factor when he returns.....

:cool:

At this point it would appear that Iowa is going full Cleveland Browns in the B1G this season.
I am not an Iowa hater. I have followed the hawks for over 40 years. Like other people on here, I was excited for this season. Now, I just don't see this team getting it together this year.

Latest posts