Expansion: Who's #16?

Saw on bottom line that Big 10 sent out an email or letter to it's members saying there was no truth to the report they asked schools to join the conference. FWIW

Saw on bottom line that Big 10 sent out an email or letter to it's members saying there was no truth to the report they asked schools to join the conference. FWIW

Right, they can't formally talk to anybody until the presidents meet. These are the "we're thinking about you" discussions before the formal "sign here" discussions. These pre-discussion discussions have to happen because of how ND dissed us last time.

The Big Ten has to say that, denver. I do believe there is alot of truth to that particular
rumor. Hell. Who believed TMZ about Michael Jackson? Delaney has to squash it. The 16th team will come from the Big East. Part of the ND plan.

I think the heavy favorites have to be Syracuse or Pitt with those 4 already on board. Outside chance of UCONN.

Tech and Vandy would be horrible options, that would be like picking Pitt over Penn State, or ISU over Iowa. Maryland is an interesting choice. But the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that if the perfect big state school doesn't materialize, I would pick Kansas as the 16th.

I know they don't bring a bunch to the table, but it is a good fit.

West
ND
Nebby
Iowa
Wisky
Mizzou
Kansas
Illinois

East
UM
OSU
PSU
MSU
Northwestern
IU
Purdue
Rutgers

According to any ISU fan that you talk to it'll be Iowa State. Keep holding onto that pipe dream little brother!

With all the talk of how many and who, my question is when? We know that any Big East school that comes aboard has to wait a MINIMUM of 27 months before becoming a member. So does Nebraska and Mizzou become official in 2012 with Rutgers, ND and say, Pitt, in 2013 IF Delaney announces in June? Time frame, anyone?

I keep coming back to the thought that it isn't going to be as much Big East as originally thought. Might only be Rutgers.

I'm probably in the minority, but if they go to 16, I'd like to see Boston College in the mix.

BC has no place in the Big Ten. But hey, I don't think Notre Dame does either.

Each should be in a religious league with TCU, BYU, SMU, Nova, etc.

I think that we can be pretty sure that it won't be any city schools

no Syracuse
no Cincinnati
no Pittsburgh
no Louisville

If the Big Ten wanted a city school they would have already invited Pitt

viable options

Kentucky
Maryland
West Virginia (not really)

Folks, academics plays a huge role here too, so there's no way that the likes of Kentucky, West Virginia, or Louisville will be admitted.

I hadn't thought about Virginia, but they'd make a really solid choice. Not sure if they would leave the ACC, but it would certainly be worth exploring. Virginia Tech also, for that matter.

Latest posts