Excellent Preview on Michigan Site

Iowa at Michigan St on March 6th with a rating of 80.6. Only other game with a rating over 80 all year is Syracuse at Duke on Feb 22nd at 80.2.

Going to be a tough one. Unfortunately I think we lose this one. We are coming off three wins, some nice pub, about time for a let down. Sorry, that's how it works for us hawk fans. If your heart isn't getting ripped out, you aren't cheering for the hawks

Going to be a tough one. Unfortunately I think we lose this one. We are coming off three wins, some nice pub, about time for a let down. Sorry, that's how it works for us hawk fans. If your heart isn't getting ripped out, you aren't cheering for the hawks

Just enjoy the ride. Love this team. Not a game on the schedule they can't win.

Very encouraging line, "However, the Wolverines haven’t really stopped anyone that’s made it a point to run the ball aggressively."

"Michigan is the second best team in the country at not fouling and Iowa gets to the line more often than anyone in the Big Ten. The Wolverines are playing at home, which should provide an advantage, but their ability to avoid fouling will be tested."

Unfortunately, I think it comes down to this. That free throw gap stat is very telling when it comes to how well-rounded we are offensively on any given day.

Morgan is 6-8 and Horford is 6-10. That's it for guys over 6-8. I suspect they will have to foul or give up a lot of easy baskets inside. I assume we will attack the basket from all 5 positions tonight.

"...but their ability to avoid fouling will be tested." But Iowa has the ability to not foul, also. A half court game helps Iowa in this regard, I think, and could side step that free throw gap. There is no doubt about it, Iowa needs to play their best game of the season. But if Iowa treats this like a business trip, I think that gives them the right mindset to win. Iowa has more good players at center (I include Basabe here) forward and guard. Iowa is just way too deep. Run, run, run Iowa...then run some more!

Latest posts