Everyone thought Hawks would get taken to woodshed tonight... what’s the big deal?

Scott Leclair

99% of us knew Iowa would come out and lay an egg (baffled on how stone cold Joe and JBo have become) almost looks like they are afraid to shoot. Nothing to see here. Enjoy the weekend and hope the team shows up in the tourney!!

99% of us knew Iowa would come out and lay an egg (baffled on how stone cold Joe and JBo have become) almost looks like they are afraid to shoot. Nothing to see here. Enjoy the weekend and hope the team shows up in the tourney!!

Because when it “is expected” and it comes to fruition, that is a problem.

The way Iowa was playing my only goal was to at least win the first one. They did that.

Would have been nice if they could of saved a few of their 3s from Thursday for last night, but quite honestly Iowa wasn’t going to beat Michigan if they shot the ball like that. In my opinion Michigan is the best team in the B1G (I know they just lost to Sparty twice). I just think they are built for tournament play and they’ve had so much success in March the last couple years.

Joe smooth is my favorite player and he would be a third stringer on Duke or North Carolina . We need better players. Fran’s recruiting is awful and it doesn’t look that much better next year. If he can’t land Foster in a couple of years and continues to let that type of talent leave the state he needs to be shown the door

JBo especially looked unaggressive. That was a really weird game for him. His head didn't seem in it. He had that one terrible pass in the first half and Fran obviously let him have it briefly for it and I can't say if JBo even took 2 shots after that. He seemed to turtle up and get gun shy for some reason. Not that it'd have mattered but noticed what you did too

When you have a coaching era that is completing their 9th year and the expectations are getting their ass handed to them in the BTT and not play on a Saturday for the 13th straight year, that’s a problem.

When ISU continues to show up in March situations, even after a uninspiring regular season like Iowa, it only adds to the frustration. They’ve gone through 2 coaches too and still wins post season games. I don’t know what it’s like over in Eastern Iowa but the media and fan talk is insufferable on ISU here in central Iowa when this happens. Then Iowa embarrasses themselves giving them another angle to discuss and laugh at Iowa athletics about.

Because when it “is expected” and it comes to fruition, that is a problem.

Or that means fans are right on par with the program, dont want to be to high/ to low....
I'm clearly joking.
I agree, I think fans predict the worst case scenario so we can look back and say, 'well it could have been worse'
That wasnt the case tonight. But going 1/15 from 3 and we wont beat Hoover High School the way we play defense