Evaluating McCaffery

If the original poster cannot see how much the team has improved defensively from last year, which was their major weakness, then he obviously is just posting here with a anti-McCaffery agenda and very little basketball knowledge. If this team had ONE shooter that could be depended on to hit shots in the game, we would have won several more games and the OP wouldn't have any reason to even post. McCaffery can't shoot shots for the team. He ran plays and put guys in perfect shooting situations, but we just couldn't knock down shots with any consistency. We've gone from 11 to 18 to (at least) 21 wins (4-8-9 in conference) in Fran's three seasons. That's not progress? If someone had told me after Lickliter's last year (10-22 with 4 conference wins) that the new coach would have us with 20 plus wins, .500 in conference and scratching for an NCAA berth in his third season, I would have taken that all day long. So here we are and we have "fans" bitchin'. Sorry you're disappointed, but I will side with Coach McCaffery and anticipate even further progress in the years to come. You don't think it's enough? There is more than enough room on the Clown bandwagon. Hop on.
Come on over. We'd be delighted to have you!

Gatens was awesome for a month of his career but his numbers are very inflated due to the teams he played on. If he was a freshman this year his numbers would probably end up about 60% of what they were.

Wtf...if Pippen played for someone else....etc...etc.

If you want to assess Fran's progress, you need to assess just Fran's progress. You can't compare it to Fred because the situations are different, their recruiting strategies and game preparations are different, the leagues are different, their ages are different, their courtside demeanors are different. So why would you want to compare Fred's progress to Fran's?

The only thing they have in common is that they coach the big colleges in this state and took them over at the same time.

It's okay, pirate, you're just like many others on here. You just need a little perspective.
Iowa 12-13
21-12 (9-9)
RPI 78
Top-50 wins: Iowa State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota
150+ losses: @Virginia Tech

Iowa 11-12
18-17 (8-10)
RPI 131
Top 50 wins: @Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin
150+ losses: Campbell, Clemson, Nebraska, @Penn St

Hopefully that will help you see the progress from year 2 to year 3 that you claim to not see. I assume you, like some others on here, remember those 4 or 5 good games from last year, but perhaps forget that Iowa went 2-6 against Neb, NW, Penn St and Purdue.

Too many scholarships given to non scorers. Other than Marble, nobody can create their own shot, which is we have lost so many close games. 22-2 run last night and we (again) have no answer. I like McCaffrey, but he won't have the luxury of beating up on NW and PSU minus their best players next year, so I hope Jok, Uthoff and Meyer can score the ball. Depth makes for great conversation, but when nobody off the bench can score, your depth takes minutes away from productive players.

Too many scholarships given to non scorers. Other than Marble, nobody can create their own shot, which is we have lost so many close games. 22-2 run last night and we (again) have no answer. I like McCaffrey, but he won't have the luxury of beating up on NW and PSU minus their best players next year, so I hope Jok, Uthoff and Meyer can score the ball. Depth makes for great conversation, but when nobody off the bench can score, your depth takes minutes away from productive players.

So Marble created his shot last night how again?

Allow me...we need more Harrison Barnes juco types!!

Latest posts