Ethen v Grant

CraigHawkeye

With the rumor circulating around that Gambrall is heading down to 174...I guess I'm a little amazed that Ethen would allow this to even happen. I'd be shocked if Gambrall could even beat Ethen. Pin2Win you have any insight? You always seem to know what's up? Thanks!

With the rumor circulating around that Gambrall is heading down to 174...I guess I'm a little amazed that Ethen would allow this to even happen. I'd be shocked if Gambrall could even beat Ethen. Pin2Win you have any insight? You always seem to know what's up? Thanks!

Just because Gambrall is dropping, if the rumor is true, doesn't mean he automatically gets the spot. Brands will have them settle it on the mat. Ethan can't stop him from dropping but he can stop him from starting, by beating Gambrall.

I don't believe Gambrall can beat Lofthouse. I also think that adding a little more muscle and weight, properly, Lofthouse could move up to #184 and beat Gambrall. I quess what I'm getting at is that, I don't think Gambrall really cares. My thoughts. We will see.

why would Gambrall make the sacrifice to drop a weight class (2 if you consider where he was last year at this time) if he didn't care? that makes no sense.

if Gambrall is going to 74 i'm sure he's doing so because he's very confident he can beat Ethen. i mean it's not like they haven't wrestled a hundred of time probably.

Personally i think it's going to hurt the hawks in the long run if they switch. because i think Ethen will be way undersized at 184 and i think he'll just find ways to lose vs bigger guys. hope i'm wrong.

the only insight i have on this is that if it didn't make sense for the team to fall this way brands and co wouldn't push it. in the end they will wrestle off but in my eyes this is our best shot of having a high AA

I'd say, wait until an offical announcement is made before even worrying about it. There's so many stupid rumors going around right now. Frayer is hurt, M* was fired from Wisky, etc. I don't think GG will make the cut, and and I don't believe EL would be effective at 184 as he's short for his weight as is.

In one of the tournaments this year, in freestyle, at 85kg, Lofthouse defeated, koepke,larson,isley,kolb,Hamlin, and trotman, before losing two close matches to Steinhaus. Now I know it's freestyle but, I'd say that was, hanging in there with the big boys. I'll agree with pumpdog20 when it comes to, RUMORS and wait for the announcement.

I’m not sure if a Gambrall/Lofthouse switch would make a huge difference points wise this year but I do like what it might do for the future lineups assuming Lofthouse is as effective at the higher weight. If Gambrall goes 174 his senior year and Lofthouse makes the permanent move to 184 this year, that would open up 174 the following year for Evans and allow a more seasoned Nick Moore step in at 165. I think a 165 Moore, 174 Evans & 184 Lofthouse combo would score a few more points than a 165 Evans (If he could even make it another year), 174 Lofthouse & 184 Brooks/Meyer or Klapprodt combo. That’s assuming Moore is making steady progression in the room and Brooks or Meyer don’t explode onto the scene and challenge for a title their RSFR year which I would love to see them do.

I’m not sure if a Gambrall/Lofthouse switch would make a huge difference points wise this year but I do like what it might do for the future lineups assuming Lofthouse is as effective at the higher weight. If Gambrall goes 174 his senior year and Lofthouse makes the permanent move to 184 this year, that would open up 174 the following year for Evans and allow a more seasoned Nick Moore step in at 165. I think a 165 Moore, 174 Evans & 184 Lofthouse combo would score a few more points than a 165 Evans (If he could even make it another year), 174 Lofthouse & 184 Brooks/Meyer or Klapprodt combo. That’s assuming Moore is making steady progression in the room and Brooks or Meyer don’t explode onto the scene and challenge for a title their RSFR year which I would love to see them do.

exactly

Gambrall gets horsed at 184 by some people and I think if the cut is not an issue he could do better at 174 than 184 (I know he was 3rd at 184 two years ago but overall he has not been dominant at 184). Lofthouse will not get horsed at either weight IMO and I have a gut feeling he will feel stronger at 184 as I don't think he likes to cut a ton. In the FS matches previously mentioned he looked very good at 185, strong and quicker.

Gambrall gets horsed at 184 by some people and I think if the cut is not an issue he could do better at 174 than 184 (I know he was 3rd at 184 two years ago but overall he has not been dominant at 184). Lofthouse will not get horsed at either weight IMO and I have a gut feeling he will feel stronger at 184 as I don't think he likes to cut a ton. In the FS matches previously mentioned he looked very good at 185, strong and quicker.
Lofthouse walks around with tree trunk thighs. He would be fine at 184

Latest posts