Estimates on buying tickets via scalping

nilekinnick

In past 2000 - 2007 I never had much of a problem buying a ticket outside of Kinnick for pretty close to face, most times was someone that just had a couple of extras trying to get their money back even on a 'big' game. My kids activities have prevented me from seeing to many home games lately so curious what to expect this year.

Had a friend flying in from Ca for the Wisc game, if it too outrageous will just watch at a bar downtown.

Even a few years back, I thought there were alot of suckers paying way too much on ebay and stub hub versus looking for the guys waving their arms.

Based on the prices last year and on the fact we were sold out 2 months prior to the opening kick I'm going to guestimate....

Non conference games can be had in the $40-60 range, with prices slightly above face prior to kick, and dipping just below after.

Conference games are going to be consistenly in the $75-100 range.

Premium games (ISU, Penn State, and OSU) are going to be $125-$200.

I've always had my best luck near the hospital side right at, or just after, kickoff. Most of the people who try to make a buck scalping hover around the between the Bridge and the hospital on Melrose and near the gates around the pressbox. In my experience the people selling tickets around the North endzone are more likely to be fellow hawk fans looking to get rid of extras.

I just sold my student ticket to a friend for a friend of his for $30, I could see these starting @ $40 saturday.

If anyone sells or buys this weekend it be interesting to update and keep this thread going, especially to see how much prices increase next week with Iowa State.

I usually bout on the south side near all the food and soveniour vendors where there was so much foot traffic before the game.

Premium games will be higher then $125-$200, I am guessing $250 minimum and premium locations $300+ especially if we keep winning.

Premium games will be higher then $125-$200, I am guessing $250 minimum and premium locations $300+ especially if we keep winning.

I'm sure people will be asking for 200+ on ebay and craigslist, but on game day things will come down a little bit. I got into the last fOSU night game in Kinnick for $75 bucks right at the opening kick off and prices for that game had been 150+ all day.

I'm sure people will be asking for 200+ on ebay and craigslist, but on game day things will come down a little bit. I got into the last fOSU night game in Kinnick for $75 bucks right at the opening kick off and prices for that game had been 150+ all day.

Exactly. I say the same thing every time this topic is brought up. Do not refer to ebay prices, they are grossly exagerrated. I will be scalping to PSU, OSU and at MN this year, will let you know what I pay. Regardless of record, I don't expect PSU to be much over $100 depending on if I want to wait or get it out of the way to tailgate.

Exactly. I say the same thing every time this topic is brought up. Do not refer to ebay prices, they are grossly exagerrated. I will be scalping to PSU, OSU and at MN this year, will let you know what I pay. Regardless of record, I don't expect PSU to be much over $100 depending on if I want to wait or get it out of the way to tailgate.
Not arguing your points guys...I agree. When I was a kid I went to Nebraska vs Oklahoma (my 2nd fav team because they could beat Nebraska) and scalped face value for everyone..including 79. However those that like to have a ticket in hand will pay the big money.

All prices about 2 hours before game time.

Eastern Ill $75
ISU $100
Ball State $10-$30
PSU $100
Wisc. $100
MSU $75
OSU $ 175 (this could change greatly)

The first game always goes high, no matter who we are playing. Remember this is the first game for the scalpers too, so they are geared to make some money. The Ball State game will go cheap I think. Similar to last year when we played Ark. State, you could get that game for very cheap.

I have to think street prices will be at a all-time high, based on 59k season tickets sold,and the fever for this team. Supply and demand in this pure market dictates that, unless you happen to get real lucky.

i have season tickets with my dad and brother but i am usaully forced to scalp a ticket for myself because my nine year old son has been sitting with his uncle and grandfather in my spot the last three year

i have been scalping tickets for the last three years now i realize the hype of the last three years has not been on par as this year and i am only buying one ticket vs a pair i have actually avg about $10 less than face value the last three seasons and usually sit closer to the 50 yard line than i would in my regular spot and i am in the game around an hour ahead of kickoff to boot the trick is be patient and find a fan not a scalper

All prices about 2 hours before game time.

Eastern Ill $75
ISU $100
Ball State $10-$30
PSU $100
Wisc. $100
MSU $75
OSU $ 175 (this could change greatly)

The first game always goes high, no matter who we are playing. Remember this is the first game for the scalpers too, so they are geared to make some money. The Ball State game will go cheap I think. Similar to last year when we played Ark. State, you could get that game for very cheap.

No way Ball State goes for that, unless there's a monsoon. The Ark St game wasn't a sell out.

Ball St has been sold out for a month. Nobody was buying or selling Ark st tickets last year until gameweek....there have been literally hundreds of secondary market purchases for this game & the game is still 3 weeks away.

Not saying you won't be able to get a ticket on the street, but it will be no Ark St kind of economy.

Apples & oranges.

This year is crazy. The ball state game in prior years you would find people giving them away at game time. In 2008 I passed by a guy who was giving his ticket away for the FIU game. Even the EIU game even it being the first game you could have gotten a better deal then this year. Last year the UNI ticket prices surprised me but you had many coming from Cedar Falls for this game.

I figure prices will also be limited by how much cash the fans are willing to walk around with. Who'd be carrying $200 per person and not already have tickets?

They might be asking for that, but they won't get that. Remember, this is college football in Iowa, not the NFL in New York. ;) I'm looking for Penn St. tix and have seen them for around $250/ticket. Granted the game is over a month away and I expect the prices to come down quite a bit the closer we get to game day.

They might be asking for that, but they won't get that. Remember, this is college football in Iowa, not the NFL in New York. ;) I'm looking for Penn St. tix and have seen them for around $250/ticket. Granted the game is over a month away and I expect the prices to come down quite a bit the closer we get to game day.
Wanna bet if we are undefeated...prices go up...and I have sold tickets to Ohio State at night for $200 off the street.

For three years I bought tics on the street and found reasonable rates for good seats. Last year for Minnesota game ended up buying two tickets that had been purchased with a stolen credit card. $100 down the drain. My street buying days are probably over unfortunantley.

i have season tickets with my dad and brother but i am usaully forced to scalp a ticket for myself because my nine year old son has been sitting with his uncle and grandfather in my spot the last three year

i have been scalping tickets for the last three years now i realize the hype of the last three years has not been on par as this year and i am only buying one ticket vs a pair i have actually avg about $10 less than face value the last three seasons and usually sit closer to the 50 yard line than i would in my regular spot and i am in the game around an hour ahead of kickoff to boot the trick is be patient and find a fan not a scalper

period key broke? :)

Latest posts