Estimates on buying tickets via scalping

No way Ball State goes for that, unless there's a monsoon. The Ark St game wasn't a sell out.

Ball St has been sold out for a month. Nobody was buying or selling Ark st tickets last year until gameweek....there have been literally hundreds of secondary market purchases for this game & the game is still 3 weeks away.

Not saying you won't be able to get a ticket on the street, but it will be no Ark St kind of economy.

Apples & oranges.

I see this game as apples/apples to the Ark St. game of last year. In any given year season ticket holders usually pick one or two games they will not be able to attend due to travel reasons/ kids, ect. This is that one game this year. Tickets will be plentiful outside the stadium & well below face.

I figure prices will also be limited by how much cash the fans are willing to walk around with. Who'd be carrying $200 per person and not already have tickets?

Scalpers don't take debit cards and they don't take checks. If you are planning on buying 2 tickets and leave the house without $200 cash in your pockets you are nuts.

But to answer the question I rarely go anywhere without 2-300 bucks in cash.

heard a guy selling at N.E. corner gates- 2 tickets together for 65-80$ Have no idea where seats where, but still cheaper than my season ticket price.

Unfortantely my roommate forgot 4 of our tickets at home this morning when we left and when we figured it out it was to late to turn around and go back for them. I bought two tickets $70 each in section 101 row 14. Bought about 15 minutes before kickoff, everyone else that I tried to get them from would walk away from me when I offered below $80 for a ticket.

I'm sure people will be asking for 200+ on ebay and craigslist, but on game day things will come down a little bit. I got into the last fOSU night game in Kinnick for $75 bucks right at the opening kick off and prices for that game had been 150+ all day.
in 1985 when Iowa was #1 and Mich was number 2 I remember only seeing a handfull of people selling tix and thousand of people holding their fingers up indicating how many they wanted to buy. I witnessed a person ask 1000 per tix for seats on the 20.

If iowa is undefeated and OSU is undefeated tix will be a premium and much higher than 150 bucks. Yes all tix right at kickoff are going to be cheaper but I could easily unload my tix on stubhub for a nice chunk if the conf title and BCS are on the line.

Unfortantely my roommate forgot 4 of our tickets at home this morning when we left and when we figured it out it was to late to turn around and go back for them. I bought two tickets $70 each in section 101 row 14. Bought about 15 minutes before kickoff, everyone else that I tried to get them from would walk away from me when I offered below $80 for a ticket.
If you would have gone to the ticket office you could have had new tix reissued to you if you are the season tix holder.

For three years I bought tics on the street and found reasonable rates for good seats. Last year for Minnesota game ended up buying two tickets that had been purchased with a stolen credit card. $100 down the drain. My street buying days are probably over unfortunantley.
THis is why if I buy tix I am going to demand the person selling them comes to the gate with me to make sure the tix are legit. You cannot trick the scanners with a phoney tix anymore. Stub Hub is much safer you are actually guarnteed money back if defrauded.

Last edited:
If you would have gone to the ticket office you could have had new tix reissued to you if you are the season tix holder.

This is correct. Whenever you forget your tickets to any Iowa game, other sporting event, concert, etc, IF they were originally purchased in your name then you simply go to the ticket office, show an ID, and they re-issue you the tickets at no charge. This has happened to me before.

Latest posts