ESPNU?

because DISH really sucks, I just had them for 2 years, and the day my two years was up, I cancelled service ... literally that day

I've had DirecTV before DISH, and Mediacom before that, and they all suck, so f'em all I ain't paying $80-$100+ a month for crap ... I do pay Mediacom $50/mo for internet ... I'll find a work-around to watch live sports online

Speaking of Mediacom... does anyone know if this Saturday's game is on in the Iowa City area?

I have the expanded channels with a HD dvr/tuner, but do not pay extra for the enhanced sports packages (such as the golf, nfl, etc. channels).

It seems like in the past, Mediacom would make arrangements to have channels like this show up on one of their lesser used channels, just for the event.

Otherwise... I think I will be crashing at one of the above buddies with the DirectTV access. :D

HawkDad, do you watch the HD channels in the 800s? ESPN on 830, etc? ESPNU is 833 or 834, and will carry the game.

I was forced into Medicomdom by the satellite-shielding foilage in my forested domicile...but at least I get the U in HD

I attempted to get Direct, but I have the same issue as you do, Thunder. I was even willing to cut down some of my offending trees, but for some reason, my neighbor didn't buy into the plan when his were also at issue. I did find an alternative cable company in CR that does give me ESPNU as part of their HD package.

Have you guys looked into AT&T Uverse? I might switch to them when my DirecTV contract expires

For anyone that is interested send me a PM and I will send you links to some websites where you can stream any sporting event live. You name it they have it. If you look hard enough you can find anything streaming online.

When I moved to my current apartment, they would not allow me to get DirecTV. Although I hate Mediacom, it does have the fastest internet service in our area. So I only subscribe to Mediacom internet. Using these web sites I can view all sporting events just fine. Most times even pay per view events/fights.

I have a PC hooked up directly to my flat screen and I am able to watch all the sports I need, at a minimal cost(only the cost of internet).

The only drawback is that a lot of things are not in HD, but since it's free, I can't complain.

Last edited:
How long will it take until the BTN is offered through Google Fiber???

Google Fiber

I really want to try the Google TV but can't do it without the ESPN family and BTN.

Actually Dish has better feed clarity and is pretty much cheaper across the board. The only drawback has been the ESPNU non HD issue. I don't care much about the AMC thing since I just watch all of those shows online anyway. People need to realize that every provider has to go through negotiations with channels every so often. It's better for our sake that they don't fold right away. Plus Red Zone blows away Sunday ticket unless you are a hardcore fan of a non local market team.

Latest posts