ESPN's Doug Gottleib just said the most overrated conference is...

Concur.

There's no top 20 team in the Big Twelve North.

There's no team in the Big Twelve North that will come close to beating Texas.

I never had them rated as a strong conference , so i was say the most over rated is the SEC.. there are 2 good teams , 4 average teams and zero defense on any teams in the SEC . I would love to see Oregon vs Florida and watch Oregon spill about 800 yards offense on that weak *** defense Florida has ... maybe they can gouge the oregons QB eyes or something and only lose by 20 instead.

Anybody who know college football could tell you that. They only have one team that is truely good. Iowa State of all teams is doing ok in the North this year.

I think the best conference is the Pac 10 myself.
My BCS rankings are this

1.Pac 10
2.SEC
3.Big 10
4.Big 12
5.ACC
6.Big East.

A lot of talk from fans of a team who's conference.....

Went 1-6 in bowl games last year
Is 5-8 this year against BCS conference schools
Is 4-11 the last 2 Bowl Seasons
Hasn't won the Rose Bowl since 2000
Is 0-6 in last 6 BCS Bowl game appearances

Uh oh. We just woke up a Cy-troll.

Not a troll. I obviously like the Big 12 and ISU more but I am also a Hawk fan and went to school there for 2 years.

Just don't think you should throw rocks when the Big 10 has been bad this year as well as the past 4 years

What does it say when even the AP, who has a serious hard on of hate against the Big Ten, has 4 teams in their top 25?

And the only defender of the Little 12 North is a Clown?

Oklahoma = Ohio State. For some reason, Oklahoma bypasses all the hate that Ohio State seems to get, thus making the Big 10 look bad.

A lot of talk from fans of a team who's conference.....

Went 1-6 in bowl games last year
Is 5-8 this year against BCS conference schools
Is 4-11 the last 2 Bowl Seasons
Hasn't won the Rose Bowl since 2000
Is 0-6 in last 6 BCS Bowl game appearances

Last year is not this year. Last year, the Big 12 was very good. This year (which is what is being discussed) the Big 12 is terrible.

Oklahoma = Ohio State. For some reason, Oklahoma bypasses all the hate that Ohio State seems to get, thus making the Big 10 look bad.
+1
Oklahoma has been every bit as disastrous in bowl games this decade, probably worse. But they have gotten none of the backlash that OSU has. Quite the double standard if you ask me.

Last year is not this year. Last year, the Big 12 was very good. This year (which is what is being discussed) the Big 12 is terrible.

I know it's not last year. I also put this year's Big 10 record. The Big 10 is 3-8 against BCS competition (non Iowa).

Listen I am not disputing that the Big 12 is overrated. It is down this year. But it is still no worse than the Big 10. Nor is it any better

Penn St is not better than Oklahoma. They just aren't. They play patty cakes in non conference while OU loses to quality teams after they lose their best players.

Penn State is the only example of an upper echelon Big 10 team that plays a patsy non-conference schedule. Iowa played Arizona, and could play even better competition if it wasn't locked into a worthless in-state game with Iowa State. Ohio State played USC. Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue all played Notre Dame (who is good) plus Purdue played Oregon.

Big 12? Who did Texas and Texas Tech play outside the conference? Kansas? Kansas State? Missouri?

I would say your argument is a little biased. Both conferences have teams that played weak schedules (at first look it looks as though Big 12 with a few more patsy pounders).

Latest posts