ESPN's BPI metric favors Iowa this season

In the whatever category, I'm expecting this year to be a big improvement in the standings. Somewhat do to the Big being bad, but also experience. Top 20? NO.

I wouldn't expect Top 20, but will accept it. I just hope we finish in the top half of the Big and make the Dance. Possible but we shall see.....

As everyone knows, this season will depend on defensive improvement. We simply have to prevent the opponents from scoring more points than we do.....

Basic Mathematics

:cool:

I still think Ken Pom has more merit. And it's definitely led to spirited discussions on this board. The last two teams to have the distinction of being the highest ranked KenPom not to make the NCAA'S ended up winning the NIT (Penn State and TCU). In 2013 the two highest ranked KenPom teams not to get NCAA bids were Baylor and Iowa. They were the two teams to play for the NIT championship.

I prefer Ken Pom. Usually very reliable and remember he had the Hawks at #1 for a week about three years ago.....

"There's a long way to go in the season, but mark it down in your diaries or what have you for posterity: after beating Penn State by 24 on February 3, 2016, around 8:30 p.m., the Iowa Hawkeyes reached No. 1 in the nation in the KenPom.com computer rankings."

ncaa-basketball-penn-state-iowa-590x900.jpg

:cool:

Will we be favored over Iowa State this year?

I can't answer this right now. Right now I think if it were set Iowa would be a slight favorite at home.

However, ISU plays a lot of good teams early. If ISU does well, they could be favored. If they fail to pick up those wins, then the gap could widen. There are a LOT of variables for ISU before they hit the floor vs. Iowa this year.