ESPN: Top Ten Teams with Most To Prove

H8IAST8

Top 10 Tuesday: Teams with most to prove - ESPN
7. Iowa: The Hawkeyes are your other obvious breakout candidate of 2013-14, for many of the same reasons as Virginia: A bad nonconference schedule and a series of brutally close losses during Big Ten play kept an otherwise worthy team (which finished with a top-25 efficiency defense) from gaining widespread national acclaim. Now the hype has turned, and everyone is spending less time talking about the Hawkeyes vis-a-vis the NCAA tournament than their status as a Big Ten title contender. I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but it's clear Iowa has a huge opportunity here. Fran McCaffery finally has a deep, experienced group peppered with genuine high-level collegiate talents, and a defense that will give most of the Big Ten fits. Carver-Hawkeye, so quiet for so much of the past decade, is reaching peak rowdiness levels again. It's time to seal the deal.

Looking forward to Basketball season but football is number one to me. Still, nice to hear some positive things about Iowa finally. Much of the last decade has been so negative. I give Barta credit for firing the dumpster fire that was Lick and hiring a real coach in Fran.

It's nice that basketball is finally relevant again. I remember growing up watching games with my dad and having a great time. It has been painful to watch at times lately but am looking forward to the future with Fran and building on his success so far.

It seems like just yesterday Spank had to be a one man propoganda machine with six part articles on "Why Iowa Will Be Better Than You Think", now we're all over the national media, my how things have changed in a few short years.

It seems like just yesterday Spank had to be a one man propoganda machine with six part articles on "Why Iowa Will Be Better Than You Think", now we're all over the national media, my how things have changed in a few short years.
I think "all over the national media" might be a stretch, but those Baghdad Bob Spank articles back in 2008 and 2009 were pretty awesome. "Why Lick could be BoneG COY".

National media needs Spank to lead them.

I love reading his articles.

I have a question for you, Mr. OLWPAORWWM: why?
I thought it was a clever play on words. He wanted people to excited about basketball, but the basketball team got beat by Pierre Pierce in France.

Pierre Pierce was a former Iowa basketball player who was expelled from the team for bad conduct, in case you're confused. The humorous irony, of course, being that Iowa's rise was slowed down by the very man who killed their rise a decade ago.

I thought it was a clever play on words. He wanted people to excited about basketball, but the basketball team got beat by Pierre Pierce in France.

Pierre Pierce was a former Iowa basketball player who was expelled from the team for bad conduct, in case you're confused. The humorous irony, of course, being that Iowa's rise was slowed down by the very man who killed their rise a decade ago.

You do realize that it was an exhibition game that counts for nothing, right?

You do realize that it was an exhibition game that counts for nothing, right?

Come on, man. It's irony......go with it.
I+don+t+have+a+buzzkill+gif+so+just+act+like+_ee39ec89d71d825d125283d9ff601404.png

And, of course, Pierce led all scorers and hit the buzzer-beater to win the game. Because why not have the exact opposite of a Hollywood ending?

Latest posts