ESPN Top 25 for 2016

99topdawg

Hawks at #16 is about right I guess. Michigan at 4 is surprising. They lose their QB, all of their LB's, their DC and play at MSU, OSU, and Iowa.

Link

Hawks at #16 is about right I guess. Michigan at 4 is surprising. They lose their QB, all of their LB's, their DC and play at MSU, OSU, and Iowa.

Link

Two words..."Har" "baugh"...ESPN loves them some Jimmy and if they were to be honest, they'd probably admit they didn't do a lick of research (or ignored it)...it's all about the hits to the site.

Last edited:
I think 16 is good. Not too high for big heads and plenty high enough to get us in the playoff ballpark IF we perform.

Sixteen is solid. With the returning group Iowa has, 16 is a very solid ranking.

"After the top 2 it just a crap shoot."

Yepper.

I'd rather we were closer to the 20s... I'd rather they have lots of room to climb up as the year goes on then down. Do I think 16 is fair? I actually do with CJ most of Oline and solid group of RBs and defense back I most certainly do. The questions will be how will CJs receivers do. None of our receivers coming back are of the physical variety. Even Kittle is more of a Hback type. Losing Krieger Coble, T Smith and Hillyer will hurt as far as the physicality in which they all brought. But I think if the newcomers can get separation and make plays with speed then it'll be pretty effective of an offense too. We'll see...

Two words..."Har" "baugh"...ESPN loves them some Jimmy and if they were to be honest, they probably admit they didn't do a lick of research (or ignored it)...it's all about the hits to the site.

I bet ESPN would do him without a jimmy. They're pretty hard on him, if you know what I mean.

I think both Michigan and MSU are too high. JR had a heck of an impact on that offense this year and it's asking a heck of a lot to have that Houston transfer come in and try and have a similar one. They are also losing all 3 of their LBs off a great defense.. Could they be top 15ish maybe. I think 4 is just way too high.
MSU and OSU are both losing a lot. I think Michigan will benefit from that as much as anything. (We should too I hope)

A touch surprised they aren't a bit higher (maybe 10-12) considering they finished #9 this year and a lot of the team coming back. But, am not complaining about 16. There will be plenty of opportunity to move up with the team takes care of business. Of course, the ACTUAL preseason polls may show us a bit more love.

These types of polls don't mean much - things will sort themselves out. It's just fun to look at.

I think both Michigan and MSU are too high. JR had a heck of an impact on that offense this year and it's asking a heck of a lot to have that Houston transfer come in and try and have a similar one. They are also losing all 3 of their LBs off a great defense.. Could they be top 15ish maybe. I think 4 is just way too high.
MSU and OSU are both losing a lot. I think Michigan will benefit from that as much as anything. (We should too I hope)

Agreed. MSU is too high. They have 4 starters returning on offense? That's not easy to overcome without missing a beat.

Whar ISU? Doesn't ESPN know that Matt Campbell has 28 National Titles and haven't they seen the video where he works really hard and sleeps in the meeting room?

Latest posts