ESPN: "Teams fear Iowa State..."

PJHawk

Copyright Ferentz/Rhodes debate between the ESPN conference bloggers. Do you think the Big 12 blogger actually believes that?

"Teams fear Iowa State, and after last year's win over Oklahoma State, how could they not? Iowa State's anything but a gimme win these days. That alone is worth a lot.

What's Ferentz done for Iowa's perception across the Big Ten?"

Blog debate: Paul Rhoads vs. Kirk Ferentz - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

I'm pretty sure all Hokks are shaking in their boots right now.
FEAR TEH CLOWN

Copyright Ferentz/Rhodes debate between the ESPN conference bloggers. Do you think the Big 12 blogger actually believes that?

"Teams fear Iowa State, and after last year's win over Oklahoma State, how could they not? Iowa State's anything but a gimme win these days. That alone is worth a lot.

Epic_Ultimate_Facepalm_of_Epicness.jpg

1,000 facepalms is not enough to express the derp.

Yeah, I'm sure the rest of the lil 12 are pizzing in their pants when they see the feared mustard and ketchup clowns coming to town. :rolleyes:

Not agreeing with this at all, but I could see teams like that being feared. How many people on here fear Northwestern because they've got our number. Not comparing them and ISU, but simply stating the fact that some middle of the road teams could be viewed as threats. Not necessarily saying we should fear them, but respecting what they're capable of is a reality.

Fear is the wrong word. Maybe respect a little more as they have shown they can pull an upset. But so can Iowa who is more consistent. So do teams fear Iowa? Or just respect? Fear is more for lower-tier FCS teams playing a top ranked FBS school.

I don't fear ISU or Northwestern. I fear teams like Alabama who have better athletes than us. ISU and Northwestern are more annoying than scary.

The result might not end up being very fearful, but at least they come to play. They should be feared. Iowa likes to lose to teams that have "something to prove". NW, ISU, Minny, etc.

Latest posts