espn insider: names link to iowa, oregon job

WhitUp

Does anybody have espn insider there is article about names link to iowa, oregon job right now, but I don't have insider. anybody could copy and paste this article I'd love to see what they are saying.

Does anybody have espn insider there is article about names link to iowa, oregon job right now, but I don't have insider. anybody could copy and paste this article I'd love to see what they are saying.
Yesterday, Providence landed their potential point guard of the future. Naadir Tharpe -- a 6-foot PG -- committed to the Friars and will probably serve as the backup to current PG Vincent Council, who will be a junior when Tharpe arrives on campus in 2011.
Jeff Goodman of FoxSports.net tweeted that Tharpe ultimately went with PC because coach Keno Davis assured him he would stick around the Big East and will not fill Iowa's head coaching vacancy.
Until someone is hired as the Hawkeyes' permanent coach, we will hold our collective breath. However, if Davis' declaration turns out to be true, Friars' fans can feel a little more easier about their potentially impressive future. And Hawkeye fans will probably feel a little less at ease; Davis could easily plug himself into the Big Ten and had the potential to be a perfect fit.

I'd trust local sources including our own Jon Miller before I'd go to ESPN "insider". They'll just regurgitate what has already been reported locally...and first.

We talked about the Tharpe angle last night..its certainly something of note, but hardly a smoking gun either way

Until he has been offered and accepted the Iowa job, ikeno Davis has a contractual obligation to not do anything other than help Providence Bball.

To read anything into his comment is insane.

Keno: I'm really not sure if I will go to Iowa or not, but hey, you should still sign with Providence.

And then when he doesn't get offered the job and all of his recruits bolt, he winds up on unemployment.

LOGIC PLEASE!!!

I certainly respect your opinion, but why do you want Keno so bad? I am just curious.

That is a good question and one that may not have an easy answer. To make it quick, I will list the things that I like and what I think he could bring to Iowa.

1. Runs an exciting style of offense that has proven effective
2. Has name recognition and would be an immediate boost to getting people and hopefully students back in Carver
3. Has ties to area AAU coaches and should be able to immediately establish good recruiting ties within the mid west states. He may now have ties to eastern states that could help as well
4. Better chance than an outside coach in embracing past players returning into the culture of the program
5. I believe he can recruit not only the obvious talent but showing his ability at Drake can find players that are below the radar. I just don't see Iowa being the mecca for 5 star recruits so you need a guy that can find hidden talent.
6. On a personal note... My fondest memories of our program seem to stem from when Mr. Davis was coaching and I am hoping that Keno could bring that back...

One last point. Most people that are suspect of him seem to be so because of this past teams defense. I believe because of the departure of 5 seniors from last season Providence class that he didn't have the depth to run a high pressure defense effectively. I remember that Drake team of his and they did not have any issues playing tough defense, so I believe he knows how to coach it just needs the depth on his roster to execute it.

Tharpe isn't signed so it's irrelevant. If Keno leaves for Iowa next week Tharpe has many opportunities.

These are the names they have listed
Bruce Pearl
Keno Davis
Brad Stevens
Ben Jacobsen
Daniyal Robinson
Joe Dooley
Paul Lusk
Tim Jankovich
Lon Kruger
Brad Soderberg
Brian Gregory