ESPN Gameday in Play for Wisconsin @ Iowa

DunderMifflinHk

On the On Iowa Podcast Dochterman and Morehouse said that ESPN has asked Iowa about availablity of locations on campus. The biggest competition would be Stanford vs Oregon. I know the quality of the show has gone down but it would be great for exposure and recruiting!

On the On Iowa Podcast Dochterman and Morehouse said that ESPN has asked Iowa about availablity of locations on campus. The biggest competition would be Stanford vs Oregon. I know the quality of the show has gone down but it would be great for exposure and recruiting!
Too bad they couldn't broadcast from the top floor of the children's hospital. I'm sure they would have a reporter up there, however.

tenor.gif

Nah... they are SEC shills. They would rather be at Missouri watching Georgia lay the smack down on the Tigers.

I wouldn't go watch them anyway. Their shtick old, Rece Davis looks like he wants to sell you car insurance, Lee Corso hasn't been on his meds for at least 10 years and Kirk Herbstreit head has gotten fat.

I will pass.

Nah... they are SEC shills. They would rather be at Missouri watching Georgia lay the smack down on the Tigers.

I wouldn't go watch them anyway. Their shtick old, Rece Davis looks like he wants to sell you car insurance, Lee Corso hasn't been on his meds for at least 10 years and Kirk Herbstreit head has gotten fat.

I will pass.

This made me chuckle. Corso always looks like he's battling stroke symptoms or dementia. The guy is out there and the others seem to be babysitting him.

Honestly, I havent watched GD in years, ESPN either unless the Hawks are on it. BTN just does a better job for Big Ten fans. ESPN doesn't even know there is anything outside the SEC and their over the top promotion of the NBA just makes it unwatchable except for actually games. Their network is graying almost as much as their on air talent. If I want to watch grown men yell at it other and constantly self-promote themselves I'll watch an episode of Entourage. Would I like them in Iowa City? Of Course, unless Iowa and Wisconsin manage to knock each other out ending in a 0-0 tie. I mean really, showing the rest of the country two of the Big's worst offensive teams might make some fans think they tuned into an ESPN classic from 1934, or whatever year they invented the forward pass. I'm sure someone will post it. They should film it in black and white.

I thought ESPN does Gameday at a school when that game is going to be broadcast on ABC/ESPN later that day.

I thought ESPN does Gameday at a school when that game is going to be broadcast on ABC/ESPN later that day.

I said this recently in another threead but ESPN goes off network for Gameday a bit. Michigan/Notre Dame was on NBC this year. Last year Penn State at Ohio State was on Fox, like we are. For a side note, they also had BTN Tailgate at that OSU-PSU game, like we do for the Wisconsin game.

I really would like to see Gameday on Campus. Contrary to the popular beliefs of you old farts here, ESPN is not going to die, and the environments they show for Gameday every week look crazy.

I said this recently in another threead but ESPN goes off network for Gameday a bit. Michigan/Notre Dame was on NBC this year. Last year Penn State at Ohio State was on Fox, like we are. For a side note, they also had BTN Tailgate at that OSU-PSU game, like we do for the Wisconsin game.

I really would like to see Gameday on Campus. Contrary to the popular beliefs of you old farts here, ESPN is not going to die, and the environments they show for Gameday every week look crazy.

Assuming both teams take care of biz, they’ll be in Iowa city

This made me chuckle. Corso always looks like he's battling stroke symptoms or dementia. The guy is out there and the others seem to be babysitting him.

ESPN has done a very nice thing for Corso keeping him on the air after his stroke. That job is his life and he was once a very funny, charismatic guy. Now you can barely understand him and often forgets what he's talking about mid-sentence. Its definitely hurt the quality of the show.

Just don't see it, unless Iowa and Connie, were both ranked in the top 15.
Gameday will be at Alabama for Texas A&M and Bama.
Unless they are saving their Bama visit for the Iron Bowl.

Yeah and we old farts have a tough time putting things in perspective. Gameday isn't even geared towards us it's geared towards the younger impressionable folks. Which is why any publicity of that sort is good publicity for the school and program. It's a huge national platform weather we enjoy it or not. Having them come to Iowa City for it would be a great thing for them in regards to recruiting and all that. Just because some of us and myself can't watch 3 hours of that or however long it is due to not enjoying it so much doesn't mean I don't want it to come. And frankly I'd be way more apt to watch it if they do... I imagine that's the yin and yang of it going to most of the programs out there as well..

ESPN has done a very nice thing for Corso keeping him on the air after his stroke. That job is his life and he was once a very funny, charismatic guy. Now you can barely understand him and often forgets what he's talking about mid-sentence. Its definitely hurt the quality of the show.
Sort of like ABC keeping Dick Clark on for the New Year's Rockin' Eve show after he suffered his stroke, with Ryan Seacrest as the anchor.

Latest posts