ESPN Gameday didn't come to Tucson because of Iowa

Or it could have been that Iowa had been preparing for a 9:30pm kick, including all travel arrangments for months, and didn't feel like changing all that and selling out just so ESPN could do Gameday there. If this is ture than good for us.

Excellent. Playing with their minds. Kind of reminiscient of when Evy took his Rose Bowl team to Minnesota when the Goofs were highly rated and expected to clock Iowa. At the gate to get into Memorial stadium Evy couldn't find the pass to get them into the stadium. The Goofs version of Per Mar wouldn't let the teamin w/o a pass. That infuriated the players who had to wait. The Hawks won that game handily and later someone asked Evy about the ticket situation -- and he grinned in a sly fashion pointing to the pass in his overcoat pocket.

On a side note, anyone else think that Corso needs to go? The guy can't even put together a complete sentence anymore. Get him and Shannon Sharpe together and you got a whole lotta confusion!

He picked Iowa to win the BigTen. But he also said Nebraska and Florida would play in the NC.

A certain little red guy with horns, a tail and triton would be donning a parka before KF did something to placate the media. And I am not just talking about the ASU mascot.

Before you read this post, I'm not trying to flame. I'm just posting what I heard from my friend who is good friends with Arizona's Assistant AD who told him the news.

I guess ESPN wanted to pick the Iowa v. Arizona game as their Gameday location. In fact, many ESPN employees "in the know" were beginning to prep for Tucson. But Ferentz and Iowa's AD did not want to move the start of our game up to the 5:00 pm start time required by Gameday.

The supposed reasoning behind Iowa's stubbornness was because of the heat factor (101 at 5:00pm) that Ferentz's team would have to endure.

My friend doesn't make stuff up, so I have a good feeling it all went down like this.

I don't blame Ferentz for not wanting to move the game up 2 and a half hours, but come on, man up!

Iowa, you cost us our 2nd ESPN Gameday!

If true, it is one of the best decisions that has been made so far this year! The game isn't in Iowa City so do we really give a chit if Gameday is on location? I don't. The game is being played 1000 miles away. If it's in IC and they wanted us to move the game up I'm sure we would have changed the start time.

Well they were coming to see us and we didnt want to change times. Arizona if you had a better program then you wouldnt have to rely on us to bring them to town. Sorry afterthoughts.

Before you read this post, I'm not trying to flame. I'm just posting what I heard from my friend who is good friends with Arizona's Assistant AD who told him the news.

I guess ESPN wanted to pick the Iowa v. Arizona game as their Gameday location. In fact, many ESPN employees "in the know" were beginning to prep for Tucson. But Ferentz and Iowa's AD did not want to move the start of our game up to the 5:00 pm start time required by Gameday.

The supposed reasoning behind Iowa's stubbornness was because of the heat factor (101 at 5:00pm) that Ferentz's team would have to endure.

My friend doesn't make stuff up, so I have a good feeling it all went down like this.

I don't blame Ferentz for not wanting to move the game up 2 and a half hours, but come on, man up!

Iowa, you cost us our 2nd ESPN Gameday!

You are a complete fool.

The heat thing again, huh? You've clearly never been to Iowa in mid-August. It's 100 degrees with humidity of 80-90%. 110 in AZ feels like about 80 in Iowa. We were running our two-a-days in heat and humidity that your mildcats can't even fathom. You do not live in reality.

Tru dat... but it has been awhile since we have practiced/played in that kind of heat. Let's take every advantage/neutralizer we can muster to assure a win, k?

;)

Anyone else notice how slimcat keeps jumoing onto this board, starting a new thread and then vanishes only to come back to start another thread to stir crap up?

Slimcat (Closet Cyclone Fan) = Tool

My guess is he won't reappear until tomorrow to do one of two things:
1) If Iowa wins, to rant like a Cyclone fan about how bad the calls were or some conspiracy theory.
2) If 'zona wins, to say, "I told ya so...Arizona will play for the NC!"

Take your pick. Let's go Hawks!

That doesn't make any sense. There is no reason Gameday couldn't have been in Tucson even with a 10:30 Est start time. They have gone places in the past that were not the prime time game and Herbie has had to do the show then fly out to call the night cap.

This is just a case of sEcSPN promoting their beloved and extremely overrated conference.

The only thing dumber than the OP is the fact that Iowa fans have actually discussed this for three pages.

Latest posts