ESPN College GameDay to Iowa City for Halloween match-up against #7 Michigan St?

TimMcLaughlin

It will likely feature two Top 10 teams playing for the drivers seat in the Big Ten, assuming both teams win on Saturday.

Iowa vs. MSU is only 1 of 3 games between (currently) ranked opponents on Oct 30. The other 2 games:
No. 11 Missouri at No. 16 Nebraska
No. 14 Oklahoma State at No. 22 Kansas State

Other games that could be considered:
No. 2 Oregon at USC
Florida vs. Georgia

Here's promising my boycot of ESPN if they decide to go to The Worlds Largest Cocktail Party in Jacksonville (Florida/Georgia). Both teams could not be more irrelevant this season.

Well, they just did Wiscy/tOSU. They fulfilled their Big 10 obligation for the season so I doubt they go to another Big 10 game.

Not that it necessarily matters but Iowa vs Michigan state isn't really an exciting game nationally. Nebraska Missouri isn't either though.

I still think they'll hold out for Iowa-Ohio State...despite the possibility of having the last 2 undefeated (in conference play) Big Ten teams when MSU comes to Kinnick.

With OSU's loss last night, it's possible. I think it's a fairly safe bet that Gameday comes to either the MSU or OSU games. Obviously all three teams need to keep winning going into those games for it to happen.

There's been some chatter on the boards about the possibility of making the MSU game a night game? We're doing a blackout for that one, so it would be a cool game for Gameday to come to and have Herby/Musburger calling the action.

Not that it necessarily matters but Iowa vs Michigan state isn't really an exciting game nationally. Nebraska Missouri isn't either though.

For the most part though is any conference game really regarded as "exciting" nationally? I could care less when they hype up an SEC, Pac 10, or ACC meeting. And I'm sure fans in the south could care less when Gameday visited Madison this week. It's just the way it is.

The other thing Iowa has working against it: Oregon/USC is ABC's primetime game that night. We all know Kirk hates flying in the day of, not that he hasn't done it in the past...

To add fuel to this fire: GameDay is headed to the Oklahoma/Mizzou game this week. No way they do a Mizzou game two weeks in a row.

Well, they just did Wiscy/tOSU. They fulfilled their Big 10 obligation for the season so I doubt they go to another Big 10 game.

Where did you get the conference obligations from? Never seen that as a criteria. They have visited different conference venues in the same year many times.

Oregon should have no trouble with UCLA this Saturday, so they should remain No. 1 in the AP and Coaches going into the USC game, and if Mizzou knocks off OU then Oregon would probably be No. 1 in the BSC too. USC has a bye but is on the edge of the top 25; even if they're unranked, though, No. 1 Oregon at USC would be pretty intriguing. USC is calling that game its bowl game this year. And I agree that Gameday could hold out for the Ohio State game. Only top 20 matchup on the 20th, believe it or not, so I'm sure at this point they're looking ahead and have Iowa-OSU circled.

Everybody likes to see the number 1 team potentially lose so they will be headed to LA. How can you not pick the number 1 team versus the NFL franchise in LA. I'm sure Kiffin is cleaning up the program now so there will no longer be any improper benefits or agent contact.

Yea, great story line in the Oregon/USC game. Everyone's waiting to see what bowl game USC will make it to. Oh wait...

They're irrelevant this season.

Come to Iowa.

Everybody likes to see the number 1 team potentially lose so they will be headed to LA. How can you not pick the number 1 team versus the NFL franchise in LA. I'm sure Kiffin is cleaning up the program now so there will no longer be any improper benefits or agent contact.

You neglected to mention one other thing Kiffin will eradicate from the program: winning. Funny how that goes hand in hand with the cessation of cheating, isn't it?

Oh wait, Kiffin will still find ways to cheat. He's just a s*itty coach. THAT'S why they won't be winning.

I could not care less if College Gameday comes to a game in Iowa City. Fowler showed blatant disdain for our program the last time they were here. Corso's schtick is tired. Howard is a Michigan homer. Herbstreit is the only one on that panel whose opinion I value.

In fact, I think it would be hilarious if they came to Iowa City and nobody showed up.

Latest posts