ESPN College GameDay to Iowa City for Halloween match-up against #7 Michigan St?

Two things that I notice with Gameday and Ohio State... They love the OSU vs Michigan game when both or ranked- it's an easy storyline for them with a huge crowd.

They've been to that game 4 times since 2002. I don't know if ESPN goes to Iowa Nov 20 for the Bucks and then to Columbus for that game if Michigan somehow gets ranked between now and the end of the year. Also, they haven't had that game since 2007- part of me thinks they'd love to schedule it again if both are relevant. The other side... in 2006 when game day came to Iowa, they were in Columbus for PSU/Ohio State the week before and still had the Michigan Game vs Ohio State game in Columbus.

Two things that I notice with Gameday and Ohio State... They love the OSU vs Michigan game when both or ranked- it's an easy storyline for them with a huge crowd.

They've been to that game 4 times since 2002. I don't know if ESPN goes to Iowa Nov 20 for the Bucks and then to Columbus for that game if Michigan somehow gets ranked between now and the end of the year. Also, they haven't had that game since 2007- part of me thinks they'd love to schedule it again if both are relevant. The other side... in 2006 when game day came to Iowa, they were in Columbus for PSU/Ohio State the week before and still had the Michigan Game vs Ohio State game in Columbus.

That was different. PSU had a solid team that year, and the game was played in Week 4. It was a good looking game at the time. They probably don't go to The Game if it hadn't been #1 vs. #2.

Okie St plays Nebraska this week. If Nebraska wins, they will not go to the Okie St. K-state game, and since they are at the Mizzou game this week they won't go back. If Iowa and MSU wins, i'll put money down that they come to Iowa City.

I've asked it once I'll ask it again: Am I the only one who couldn't care less whether they come or not?

If you believe in trends, I think we're winless in games GameDay has done in Iowa City..Just FYI.

I get that it's good exposure for the program but I really don't care if they're at the game or not.

The other thing Iowa has working against it: Oregon/USC is ABC's primetime game that night. We all know Kirk hates flying in the day of, not that he hasn't done it in the past...

When programs are put on probation, I think it should include blackouts of their games. USC should not be televised regionally or nationally and they certainly shouldn't be afforded a visit from the Gameday crew. Unfortunately this would also penalize all their opponents and fanbases but the bottom line is USC should not benefit from regional or national broadcasts and the free advertising that comes with it.

I couldn't agree more. The fact that a school on NCAA probation is still allowed to assume a spot in any poll is beyond me. Unfortunately, until the NCAA really starts putting the hammer down (games blacked out on TV, no advertising, ineligible for polls) the violations will continue.

USC's "brand" is essentially uneffected by this probation. In a sport where media members and SID's have far too much influence already (see inconsistancies of logic/reasoning for ranking teams) and when they base their votes on non-performance related aspects like the schools "brand," punishments like this are not enough to keep teams with immoral coaches/administrators from making the extra 10 calls to recruits or lending $2,500 for a sick Grandma.

I've asked it once I'll ask it again: Am I the only one who couldn't care less whether they come or not?

If you believe in trends, I think we're winless in games GameDay has done in Iowa City..Just FYI.

I get that it's good exposure for the program but I really don't care if they're at the game or not.

Yes. Polls and public perception have a profound effect on who plays for the National Championship.

I get that aspect of it I guess. But does it really matter that much? Not really.

Also, I think the ship to the NC game sailed away with the AZ loss.

Too much has to happen.

Does the time of the game matter when they choose which school to go to? Since the Iowa vs. MSU game is set at a 230pm game, it doesn't matter that it's not a night game?

Does the time of the game matter when they choose which school to go to? Since the Iowa vs. MSU game is set at a 230pm game, it doesn't matter that it's not a night game?

The only thing I've ever heard regarding this is the game has to start before 7 PM EST in order for it to be considered for a Gameday site.

The only thing I've ever heard regarding this is the game has to start before 7 PM EST in order for it to be considered for a Gameday site.

Yea I think it's 8PM EST, but same idea. Shouldn't be an issue that kick is at 2:30.

Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

The 2:30 start makes it very unlikely it will be GameDay, which is almost always a primetime game. ABC tells Iowa what time we play our games, and they said 2:30 this time. Setting up for Oregon at USC, which they scheduled for 8 pm on ABC. Only way it happens is if Oregon loses to UCLA this wknd.

1) We need to beat Wisconsin first

2) But I do think its possible that it could be at the MSU game, but I think they circled Iowa/OSU early in the season, I guess we'll just have to wait and see

and on another note, if they would go to Oregon/USC that just proves complete bias from ESPN as USC isnt ranked now and if they are next week it still doesn't matter because they are on probation

To be fair, Oregon is the #1 in the Coaches poll, AP poll, Harris poll, Legends poll, and 2nd in the BCS...

To be fair, Oregon is the #1 in the Coaches poll, AP poll, Harris poll, Legends poll, and 2nd in the BCS...

Can't disagree. However, in terms of evaluating the best game...Iowa/MSU tops Oregon/USC (assuming both the Hawks & Sparty win this week).

Would you rather have GameDay in IC for MSU or OSU?

Latest posts