ESPN and IOWA!

helgesontim

Tonight on College Football Live Iowa is being talked about alot! They don't know how to deal with a Big Ten team let alone Iowa possibly running the table. I agree that if Iowa runs the table we WILL play in the NC! We are in 1st in all computer polls but 1 and we would be 1 in all computer polls if we win out which I feel would be enough to get us in the game! I just really love how they don't talk about FL or Bama almost losing to programs with losing records! Just keep winning and we will be where we want to be come Jan!!!

Nice conclusion: if Iowa wins out, they deserve to be in the title game. There must be some sneaking respect for the Big Ten after all.

Iowa beats Mich St. on the road (MSU who is now 4-4) we get punked in the human polls.

Bama beats Tennessee (who is now 3-4) at home and they are now #1.

Florida beats Miss St. (who is now 3-5) on the road and they are #2.

Anyone else see the egg on the face of talking heads??

I turn off the radio at noon (I won't listen to Rome (he is a freaking idiot)) I'll bet he has something pleasant to say about Iowa on Monday.....ha ha ha.

Dont listen to Cowherd he is a hater also all we have to do is take of business and it will end how it ends. No matter what happens none of us will forget this season ever

Palmer is a funny guy...when he was talking about the computer polls and how a team that barely won is ahead of teams that won with style he sounded like the computers actually take into effect margin of victory...ummm Jesse they don´t. lol

If the Hawks want to get some respect from the talking heads at ESPN they are going to have to start blowing teams out. The guys on ESPN really have no idea what they are talking about anyway. I wouldnt even worry about what other people are saying.

Tim, don't get ahead of yourself. I know you are at home salivating at the thought of a Hawkeye NC right now but the season is far from over. My advice is to just take it one game at a time. Your a Cub fan, you should know better than to get your hopes up like that.

Jesse Palmer is a giant weenus but you shouldnt be surprised to hear this stuff on ESPN. It's been like this all year long, and will continue to be like this the rest of the season. All the hawks have to do is just keep doing what they have been doing...WIN!

Palmer is a funny guy...when he was talking about the computer polls and how a team that barely won is ahead of teams that won with style he sounded like the computers actually take into effect margin of victory...ummm Jesse they don´t. lol

I'm glad I'm not the only person that caught that. You would think that so-called "expert" would know that.

If the Hawks want to get some respect from the talking heads at ESPN they are going to have to start blowing teams out. The guys on ESPN really have no idea what they are talking about anyway. I wouldnt even worry about what other people are saying.

Tim, don't get ahead of yourself. I know you are at home salivating at the thought of a Hawkeye NC right now but the season is far from over. My advice is to just take it one game at a time. Your a Cub fan, you should know better than to get your hopes up like that.
Cub fan here too. That hurts, but it is so true. :)

Good to see Herbie taking Iowa's side.

Herbie has actually been saying good things about the Hawks since he was a commentator for their two ABC nite games. It's just so obvious that ESPN and the human polls are obsessed with "style points" and margin of victory. Thank God for the unbiased computers! (I never thot I'd say that)

What we should take away from this is that the detractors have been silenced. Their bullets are no longer loaded. Iowa has answered every question. With Iowa's record being what it is now, how can anyone go against them?

AND don't forget, that what is so fun about all this talk is that they ARE talking about us and have to continue to do so. Either way, NC contender or not, WE are RELEVANT to the national networks, conversations and talk shows. Hmmm...that can't hurt recruiting one bit. Just win on Saturday. GoHawks!

Herbie has actually been saying good things about the Hawks since he was a commentator for their two ABC nite games. It's just so obvious that ESPN and the human polls are obsessed with "style points" and margin of victory. Thank God for the unbiased computers! (I never thot I'd say that)

I would agree. Herbstreit has been on the bandwagon since the Penn State game.

This is where Iowa Fans truly miss Trev Alberts working for ESPN. If you remember during the 2002 Season, each and every week for the past month of the season he kept saying that Iowa was the Best Team in the Big 10 and not OSU. He gave us props and kept giving the other analysts the real facts.

I live down here in SEC country and these people think that the earth rotation is affected by there games...it's unreal how they don't acknowledge the Big 10 as even close to legit....there reasoning is the O$U thing...the same result would have occured in the NC game if were a Big 12 team those years...and in the Rose Bowl playing USC...you kidding me....USC would thump a SEC team also...give Pete Carrol a month to prepare and then bring a team into the land of fruits and nuts...almost an impossible situation??? I've been to the bowl games when these **** talking mother fer's get there butts handed to them and they don't even remember it the next season...we need a SEC-Big Ten challenge...you don't see Florida playing USC the 2nd week of the season..they call us the large eleven and I'd love to bring them upto IC in the middle of November and have us lean on them...then have Urban Meyer talk about Tim...that's so wore out..keep frickin winning Hawks and lets let them put there $ where there mouth is..Go Hawks!!!

Latest posts