ESecPN rant

atxhawk

So I was watching the ESPN B1G preview a couple weeks ago before I had to turn it off because I was tired of them basically saying the B1G sucks. They kept knocking the B1G for not playing anybody out of conference and saying they need to play more power 5 teams. So let's do a little comparison of the B1G to their darling SEC.

Week 1
SEC 1 game vs B1G LSU 28-24 over Sconnie
B1G LSU game
2 games vs PAC 12 Rutgers 41-38 WSU and Northwestern 24-31 California

Week 2
SEC 0 Games
B1G MSU - Oregon
Mich - ND
OSU - VTech

Week 3
SEC Arkansas - Texas Tech
Tennesse - Oklahoma
B1G Iowa - Iowa State
Maryland - West Virginia
Illinois - Washington
Minnesota - TCU
Purdue - Notre Dame

Week 4
SEC Auburn - Kansas State
Indiana - Missouri
B1G Iowa - Pittsburgh
Indiana - Missouri
Maryland - Syracuse
Michigan - Utah
Nebraska - Miami

Week 5
SEC 0 games
B1G 0 games

Week 6
SEC 0 games
B1G 0 games

Week 7
SEC 0 games
B1G 0 games

Week 8
SEC 0 games
B1G 0 games

Week 9-14
SEC Florida - Florida State
Kentucky - Louisville
B1G 0 games

So in total the SEC has 7 games vs power 5 teams, including 2 vs the B1G. The B1G has 16 games against power 5 teams. So which conference is avoiding games against power 5 teams?

But that's too logical of an argument. What you meant to say was it doesn't matter who the SEC plays because they play such a grueling 8 game conference schedule.

Unfortunately I think the B1G is peeing in their panties when it comes to the marquee OOC power 5 games. Ie... Wisky, MSU, Michigan, and trailing goin into the 4th) OSU. The B1G has the eyeballs of the nation tonight, and isn't doing much to change the perception… Unfortunately.

I don't see many other conferences scheduling OOC games against the likes of Oregon, LSU, and Notre Dame. Not saying the conference isn't kicking itself in the ***, but based on the teams other power 5 conferences are scheduling it says a lot IMO that we're actually scheduling big games against the big dogs. And aside from MSU I don't think that anyone who follows the BIG didn't have concerns about the product being put on the field by Michigan, Wiscy, or OSU (without Miller). The media does a prenominal job of hyping the BIG teams up like they're world beaters without acknowledging obvious flaws in roster turnover or the fact that some programs aren't what they once were (ie.Michigan)