Ernie Johnson just called out Barkley about his Big 10 comments

UrbandaleHawk01

Following the Illinois/Miami game Ernie asked Barkley if he'd like to retract his comments about the Big 10 being overrated now that 4 of the 16 teams left are from the Big 10. You could tell Barkley was completely blind sided by and it fumbled through some haphazard response that made little sense. Then after coming back after a quick screen graphic Barkley said half jokingly "You ever call me out like that again... (mumbling, mumbling)" It was fantastic. If I find video of it later I'll post.

Following the Illinois/Miami game Ernie asked Barkley if he'd like to retract his comments about the Big 10 being overrated now that 4 of the 16 teams left are from the Big 10. You could tell Barkley was completely blind sided by and it fumbled through some haphazard response that made little sense. Then after coming back after a quick screen graphic Barkley said half jokingly "You ever call me out like that again... (mumbling, mumbling)" It was fantastic. If I find video of it later I'll post.

he wasn't blindsided by it. i heard it twice today, the second time is the time you reference.

Any possibility he may have had to argue that he isn't anti-B1G went out the window after he went on and on endlessly about ISU getting beat by a bad call then later not one word mentioned about the call at the end of ILL-Miami.

chickenfgcu_medium.gif

What do you expect...he's an SEC guy. There is a built in animosity. When the 7th place B10 team plays with the ACC regular season and conference tourney champ on a neutral court...you have to recognize...the B10 is far and away the best conference. Doesn't even matter if all the team from here on out lose...don't think they will. The only fallacy in the lot was Minnesota and they got exposed. That was Iowa's spot in my opinion...we were ahead of them in the rankings and should have beat them twice.

He had several times to reply to that during the day.

Kenny Smith drilled him on it repeatedly, Charles had nothing to go on.

Just wished he'd just admit he was wrong.

Barkley is what he is and I like him for it. Whether or not he bashed the B10 and was wrong. His commentary is hilarious in my opinion because he just says what he thinks, and there isn't anyone else in commentary who can bring his flare to a conversation.

I remember watching one of the NBA playoff games last year that went into double or triple OT (I can't remember which game). On live television, Barkley asked his buddies to put his beer on some ice so it's cold when he gets there. I just like how he is who he is whether the camera is on or not.

What do you expect...he's an SEC guy. There is a built in animosity. When the 7th place B10 team plays with the ACC regular season and conference tourney champ on a neutral court...you have to recognize...the B10 is far and away the best conference. Doesn't even matter if all the team from here on out lose...don't think they will. The only fallacy in the lot was Minnesota and they got exposed. That was Iowa's spot in my opinion...we were ahead of them in the rankings and should have beat them twice.

MN repped themselves well as an 11 seed, i thought. WI is the one who appeared to be a fallacy.

Barkley is what he is and I like him for it. Whether or not he bashed the B10 and was wrong. His commentary is hilarious in my opinion because he just says what he thinks, and there isn't anyone else in commentary who can bring his flare to a conversation.

I remember watching one of the NBA playoff games last year that went into double or triple OT (I can't remember which game). On live television, Barkley asked his buddies to put his beer on some ice so it's cold when he gets there. I just like how he is who he is whether the camera is on or not.

I agree. He makes it entertaining.

And I hope he doesn't admit he's wrong. If he did, everyone would just move on. But this way, he just keeps getting beat down over and over again. It makes for an entertaining sideshow between games.

I hope all B1G teams keep winning and at least 2 make the Final Four then they keep drilling him on it, however, if a B1G team doesn't win it all he'll still proclaim the B1G is overrated.

MN repped themselves well as an 11 seed, i thought. WI is the one who appeared to be a fallacy.

Minnesota kicked UCLA's a**. UCLA was Pac 12 champ.
Minnesota got beat by Florida, who easily won the SEC.

Minnesota played fine in the tourney. Hell they were 8th or 9th in the BIG. They represented the BIG well.

I agree. He makes it entertaining.

And I hope he doesn't admit he's wrong. If he did, everyone would just move on. But this way, he just keeps getting beat down over and over again. It makes for an entertaining sideshow between games.

Who cares what the hell Barkley says anyway? The guy can barely convey a complete thought. He sounds to me like he has had a stroke.
He does make funny commercials.

My favorite line from Charles was when they were interviewing FGCU's coach and Barkley says, "Where the hell is Florida Gulf coast at?"

The trailing "at" was the best.

Minnesota kicked UCLA's a**. UCLA was Pac 12 champ.
Minnesota got beat by Florida, who easily won the SEC.

Minnesota played fine in the tourney. Hell they were 8th or 9th in the BIG. They represented the BIG well.

no doubt about it. illinois and mn have nothing to be upset about, regarding 'being a fallacy'. they played well, especially given who they beat and then who they lost to. heck, illinois could have won save for a unreal 3 point shot by larkin when miami was down. that shot misses the mark, illinois wins.

This, and those that say he's an SEC guy what do you expect. What would people say if Herbie said what Barkley did about the SEC in football? Look I like Barkley and think he is entertaining but the fact is he is still paid to be an "analyst" not to be a cheerleader.

he had something to go on - what he says when asked is that 'i said the b10 had 4 good teams'......(the sweet 16 teams). i'd like to see if he actually said that, or if he is now saying he said that. convenient. he is also saying that he sticks by his guns that the b10 is not the best conference as there are a lot of 'good conferences' and goes to list the pac 10 and the mt west.

he is an sec guy so has a built in bias. that is fine. he is a color guy, and is good at adding color. the more he denies, the better off we are. it gets the rest of the crew (and assumably a large portion of the viewing audience) supporting the b10.

My favorite line from Charles was when they were interviewing FGCU's coach and Barkley says, "Where the hell is Florida Gulf coast at?"

The trailing "at" was the best.

Geez, Stormin'...are you ripping into CB because he ended a sentence with a preposition? Hey. "That is the kind of errant pendantry up with which I will not put." (Thanks, Winston Churchill)

Latest posts