ERIC MAY AND FOOTBALL

tanman

I have wondered lately if Eric May actually picked the wrong sport? Some have said, and I tend to agree, he would of been one hell of a tight end at Iowa, with his size and leaping ability. Granted, I hope he has a great senior year next year in basketball and his back heals up for him, but I have always wondered what if he played football at Iowa?? I know that it didn't happen so we will never know, but interesting to ponder none the less.

I was going to say no, but then I noticed you typed in all caps so I'm going to say **** YES!!!!!

I have wondered lately if Eric May actually picked the wrong sport? Some have said, and I tend to agree, he would of been one hell of a tight end at Iowa, with his size and leaping ability. Granted, I hope he has a great senior year next year in basketball and his back heals up for him, but I have always wondered what if he played football at Iowa?? I know that it didn't happen so we will never know, but interesting to ponder none the less.

Is the University going to paint the water tower this summer?

Is the University going to paint the water tower this summer?

Some of you "Legends" actually take your "title" a little to seriously I think! Most of you are too cool for anyone's posts but your own! Some of you "legends" remind me of those "clones" that call into the Jim Rome show, actually thinking you have f$@&ing celebrity status!

Some of you "Legends" actually take your "title" a little to seriously I think! Most of you are too cool for anyone's posts but your own! Some of you "legends" remind me of those "clones" that call into the Jim Rome show, actually thinking you have f$@&ing celebrity status!

Wrong. Its actually pretty widely known that May hated football practice and never once considered playing another down of football after high school. And its actually been discussed on this and other boards ad nauseum. Anymore brain busters?

Ok 136, we will all just bow down to your "superior" posts only from now on! I guess you are the true Hawkeye Insider we have all been looking for! by the way most people that play any sport, don't like practice anyway! Just ask Allen Iverson!!

Freshmen RULE!

I know where you are coming from tanman. I also know where the other posters are coming from when they are saying this has been talked about before many times but you don't have to be a D*ck about it. Remember not everyone looks at these forums daily or weekly and some could be new. Either ignore the post or say that it's been talked about before politely and move on... but that's just my opinion on how it should be done.

I know where you are coming from tanman. I also know where the other posters are coming from when they are saying this has been talked about before many times but you don't have to be a D*ck about it. Remember not everyone looks at these forums daily or weekly and some could be new. Either ignore the post or say that it's been talked about before politely and move on... but that's just my opinion on how it should be done.

I couldn't agree more with you on this HawkeyeBA!

I couldn't agree more with you on this HawkeyeBA!

The anonymity of these sites allows one to express their inner d!ckness. Civility be dammed!

In fairness though, if you post enough you will likely be guilty at some level as well. It happens. Some just seem to thrive on it.

I think Eric chose the sport that he felt was his favorite. Because of that I feel fine with his choice.

My opinion is that if he had gone the football route he would have been a very good WR, TE, LB, or Safety for Iowa. The kid is an incredible athlete and I feel he would have been perfect as a WR as I am not sure he would have been physical enough for TE or LB even though he would have the size and could put on the weight. Safety I think would have been interesting as he would have been a large safety with incredible speed for his size.

I think Eric chose the sport that he felt was his favorite. Because of that I feel fine with his choice.

My opinion is that if he had gone the football route he would have been a very good WR, TE, LB, or Safety for Iowa. The kid is an incredible athlete and I feel he would have been perfect as a WR as I am not sure he would have been physical enough for TE or LB even though he would have the size and could put on the weight. Safety I think would have been interesting as he would have been a large safety with incredible speed for his size.

Imagine a 6'4" strong safety! That would of been interesting to see considering the smaller sizes in stature we have tradionally had back there! I think on his frame, Doyle would of been easily able to get May up into the 240-260 range.

Imagine a 6'4" strong safety! That would of been interesting to see considering the smaller sizes in stature we have tradionally had back there! I think on his frame, Doyle would of been easily able to get May up into the 240-260 range.

I think he could have been a NFL talent in football, but he obviously had more love for playing bball. I think even when he came in everyone knew football was probably the better choice for his skill set, but you can't fault a kid for following his love. I just hope he can finish out his bball career in a way that everyone respects the work he has put in. No, he isn't the ability of Matt Gatens but he worked hard and helped the team with the turn around we saw this year even with the injury. I believe he is a better leader for the basketball team than people realize.

Maybe it's not too late for him. He could follow in the footsteps of Jimmy Graham, T. Gonzalez and A. Gates. He's got a better shot of making the NFL than the NBA, that's for sure.

That would be interesting to see what would happen if he did go out for football. Was he a D1 football recruit?

Latest posts