ENOUGH BS, WE NEED FORBES

We need to let Barta know that this is a splash hire... that this is what we want... someone who views the Iowa job as the pinnacle of the coaching profession.

My fear is that Barta is not going to hire Forbes because he thinks it would be hugely unpopular... we need him to know it would be the opposite.

My fear is not that Barta thinks it'd be unpopular - my fear is that he won't consider Forbes due to his lack of D1 head coaching experience. Didn't he say in his press conference that they're looking at the same thing as last time - somoene who is a proven heach coach?

I am 100% on the Forbes bandwagon - but I don't think Barta has the balls to hire him.

My fear is not that Barta thinks it'd be unpopular - my fear is that he won't consider Forbes due to his lack of D1 head coaching experience. Didn't he say in his press conference that they're looking at the same thing as last time - somoene who is a proven heach coach?

I am 100% on the Forbes bandwagon - but I don't think Barta has the balls to hire him.

Need a grassroots movement to alert Barta to Forbes popularity.
Just like in politics, these guys do listen to a flood of e-mails....do it,Hawk fans.

Yes, just what we need. The second assistant who has never been a D3, D2 or D1 head coach. Just because he makes us "feel good" that he wants the job and really, really likes us doesn't mean he's qualified for the job and he just isn't prepared for this job at this time.

This is a terrible idea and there is no way Barta is going down this road. If the UNI or Drake job opened up, then Forbes would still be a long-shot candidate. But no way will he be a candidate for a Big 10 job at this time....not happening.

Yes, just what we need. The second assistant who has never been a D3, D2 or D1 head coach. Just because he makes us "feel good" that he wants the job and really, really likes us doesn't mean he's qualified for the job and he just isn't prepared for this job at this time.

This is a terrible idea and there is no way Barta is going down this road. If the UNI or Drake job opened up, then Forbes would still be a long-shot candidate. But no way will he be a candidate for a Big 10 job at this time....not happening.

our just ****** your boy KENO isn't involved.

If this was Iowa 15 years ago, you might convince me we're above offering to an assistant . . . However, the last two HEAD COACHES that we hired jacked it up enough that we're no longer Iowa 15 years ago. If every job required head coaching experience then it would eventually become a pretty small pool. I'm telling you once again . . . Norman Dale is not coming to Iowa, so we might as well embrace somebody that gives two craps about our state and our program . . . FORBES damn it!

Corbin - did you play at swcc? Cause you know what they say . . . if you didn't go to swcc your a d**k!

Corbin...I'm not upset Keno isn't involved. I think he'd do a great job, but I realize he isn't interested and I'm fine with that. But to say Forbes has a better resume than Gregory is just way, way out there. It's not even close.

I have been a Hawkeye fan since the fifties. Hire a coach that KNOWS what the hell a Hawkeye is. Hire Steve Forbes!!!

First yes I did...played for and worked for Forbes ....3yrs total.

We need someone who wants to be here.
We need someone that can recruit.
We need someone that in the end Hawk fans can ralley around.

He is the only one that FITS that we can get.

I'm thinking Pearl has or will get Forbes an interview and then Forbes will sell himself to Barta, if in fact Barta needs to be sold on Forbes.

Corbin

We quite possibly know each other. We would have been there at the same time. If you live where it says, i live south of you a ways in another state and pass through your town on my way back home just northeast of you a ways. We know it will work, don't we?

I think that Pearl has made it clear that he intends to stay at TN.

All this activity surrounding BP is possibly people seeing activity around Tennesse and misreading the tea leaves as an interest in BP when the real activity is surrounding Forbes.

Don't get me wrong here, I would love BP at Iowa but I don't see him coming to Iowa after the way Tom Davis was treated and after TL got shown the door so quickly (rightly or wrongly).

Latest posts