ENOUGH BS, WE NEED FORBES

phlhgn

Has ANYONE else actually said they are really interested?

Forbes has. Anyone who thinks Pearl will come is delusional.

Forbes will get recruits IMMEDIATELY. And he is the "right guy for the job," whatever the **** that means.

I honestly dont think there will needs to be a "phat contract" as he is somewhat unproven as a head coach. I think 5yrs 6mil is sufficient. With other incentives obviously
100% Agree. Hell, he'd probably go for 5/5 but why dis him w/ less than what we paid Lick?

Maybe if TN does get knocked out He will contact Forbes. I really don't think the contract would be an issue at all. Guessin heavily incentive laden would be in order.

Maybe if TN does get knocked out He will contact Forbes. I really don't think the contract would be an issue at all. Guessin heavily incentive laden would be in order.

Of course Barta hasn't contacted him, but do you know for a fact the search commitee hasn't put out feelers to him?

There have been talks..but until Barta is involved it means nothing.

I agree, but what I do like is Barta is showing some courtesy and staying off to the side and letting these guys prepare for their games without creating distractions. I would think once OSU beats Tenn tomorrow that Barta will contact him.

If we can't get drew.. I would definitely like to c forbes. Will be ****** if we go in a different direction.

Has ANYONE else actually said they are really interested?

Forbes has. Anyone who thinks Pearl will come is delusional.

Forbes will get recruits IMMEDIATELY. And he is the "right guy for the job," whatever the **** that means.
Anyone who thinks Pearl is coming is not delusional, what makes you think that? Has he come out publicly and said no? There are rumblings out there that Pearl is not a done deal

I agree...is Pearl a longshot? Yes. Is it a done deal we can't get him? Not until his season at Tenn is over and he says NO.

We need to let Barta know that this is a splash hire... that this is what we want... someone who views the Iowa job as the pinnacle of the coaching profession.

My fear is that Barta is not going to hire Forbes because he thinks it would be hugely unpopular... we need him to know it would be the opposite.

We need to let Barta know that this is a splash hire... that this is what we want... someone who views the Iowa job as the pinnacle of the coaching profession.

My fear is that Barta is not going to hire Forbes because he thinks it would be hugely unpopular... we need him to know it would be the opposite.

Agreed...But I doubt he cares what we think.

Latest posts