Eno Benjamin 3rd Team AP All American

Why would Eno want to the be apart of the 4 Horseman. How boring would that be for a RB. That’s how we roll at Iowa. :cool:

Yeah, but he wanted to visit another campus. What a horrible person! :eek:

I DARE YOU TO VISIT ANOTHER SCHOOL....

giphy.gif

Different situation but a last minute flip to MI...........Karan Higdon, named consensus 1st team RB in the BIG this season. Benjamin or Higdon would have given us some needed electricity in the backfield this season.

I believe he would have been just another back on our team with our run blocking.
No, there were plenty of times there were holes, or cutback lanes and our backs don't have the vision or speed to get through the hole or see the cutback lanes.

Congrats to him, thats awesome for him and his team. Who cares over here? He is one more dude of a thousand dudes who don't play for Iowa. So what. I don't understand for the life of me why people continuously post about a kid who never played a down for Iowa. MOVE ON!!!!!
I agree, talk about being obsessed with the fish that got away. Is Kirk hypocritical? Maybe, considering Iowa's trying to flip a Rutgers recruit right now and trying to get him to take a visit, but it is a dog eat dog world in college recruiting, i think, especially with his public statements, Iowa and this particular recruit were just a bad match.

No, there were plenty of times there were holes, or cutback lanes and our backs don't have the vision or speed to get through the hole or see the cutback lanes.

I agree. It seemed like almost every down, our running backs got the bare minimum yardage that our line allowed.

Would have been 1st team here.I like all 3
Running backs we have. They all have their own skills but none are compete backs. Eno is a complete back. He seemed like an upgraded version of Albert Young.

I’ll dwell over this guy like dwelled over melvin Gordon. And the next time Kirk craps the bed with another great recruit, I’ll forget about eno and dwell over that guy.

Like someone mentioned above, he will go down with Melvin Gordon as greatest what ifs at RB and maybe Higdon. But I think Benjamin is even worse because he wanted to come to Iowa and Iowa was the one that backed off.

This is what bothers me about the whole thing. It's not like we are comparing him to a player that picked another school. He wanted to be a Hawkeye, but whether for a good reason or not, we cut the cord.

edit: I should add that he's a hell of a player and I wish the best for him, as do I for everyone in the Black and Gold. Both parties involved went opposite directions. Don't see a problem supporting either of them.

I agree, talk about being obsessed with the fish that got away. Is Kirk hypocritical? Maybe, considering Iowa's trying to flip a Rutgers recruit right now and trying to get him to take a visit, but it is a dog eat dog world in college recruiting, i think, especially with his public statements, Iowa and this particular recruit were just a bad match.

You can talk to other schools if its Iowa, you can't talk to other schools if its not Iowa.

Its not hypocritical at all...THATS FOOTBALL

Latest posts