End of Regulation BB Game Cole & Leuer

SirEdHightower

End of Regulation BB Game Basabe & Leuer (edited)

..Sorry if this has been discussed but one thing I was po'd about last night happened at the end of regulation. It appeared Cole would have had a legitimate chance at a tip in if he wasn't absolutely mauled by Leuer at the end. It looked like Cole was jumping up and Leuer gave him an obvious shot and shove to the midsection, put Cole on the floor. Leuer wasn;t even facing the basket. I couldn't believe it. If you get a chance check it out, hideous. Great effort by the squad last night, obviously a different outcome would have been welcomed, hopefully this leaves a sour taste in the team and Fran

Last edited:
..Sorry if this has been discussed but one thing I was po'd about last night happened at the end of regulation. It appeared Cole would have had a legitimate chance at a tip in if he wasn't absolutely mauled by Leuer at the end. It looked like Cole was jumping up and Leuer gave him an obvious shot and shove to the midsection, put Cole on the floor. Leuer wasn;t even facing the basket. I couldn't believe it. If you get a chance check it out, hideous. Great effort by the squad last night, obviously a different outcome would have been welcomed, hopefully this leaves a sour taste in the team and Fran

It was Basabe and yes it was an obvious foul. Normally I would say that the refs should not call contact underneath during the last few seconds, but in this case Leuer's arms actually extended as Basabe was going up. We should have been at the line for a 1 and 1.

It was Basabe and yes it was an obvious foul. Normally I would say that the refs should not call contact underneath during the last few seconds, but in this case Leuer's arms actually extended as Basabe was going up. We should have been at the line for a 1 and 1.

I agree with this completely, obvious foul with the arms extending out and pushing Basabe.

My bad, was probably too worked up to notice it was Basabe. Regardless, it was an obvious foul and Mel would have had a legitimate chance at a tip-in, he was trying to jump, 2 hands fully extended into his midsection and nothing. BS

On another note, I can't stand Bo Ryan. How was Fran given a warning for coming out of the box and Bo not? Multiple times he was out on the floor or past the line.

Agreed. If it's a foul in the first half, it's a foul in the last few seconds of the game (or OT). Stupid for the officials to ever hide behind the excuse of deciding the game. The player that decided to foul decides the game, not the official enforcing the rules.

My bad, was probably too worked up to notice it was Basabe. Regardless, it was an obvious foul and Mel would have had a legitimate chance at a tip-in, he was trying to jump, 2 hands fully extended into his midsection and nothing. BS

On another note, I can't stand Bo Ryan. How was Fran given a warning for coming out of the box and Bo not? Multiple times he was out on the floor or past the line.

Did you see the postgame interview with him? What a puke. Gave Iowa zero credit; only stated that he was surprised the game wasn't over after how terrible they shot in the first half. How about something like "this Iowa team really fought hard. We're lucky to get out of here with a W." Would that have killed the guy?

Did you see the postgame interview with him? What a puke. Gave Iowa zero credit; only stated that he was surprised the game wasn't over after how terrible they shot in the first half. How about something like "this Iowa team really fought hard. We're lucky to get out of here with a W." Would that have killed the guy?

Did you hear him on the radio postgame?

He gave tons of compliments to Cartwright and Basabe.....

He said they watched a ton of tape on Iowa and the things he say Cartwright do on film were just sick. Bo even used the term Cartwright has been breaking the ankles of good defenders. He also gave Basbe props for his game play 14 pts, 11 boards, 3 blocks.

Bo was very complimentry of those guys.

He also took a fun little jab at Fran. Guess Bo is from Chesterfield PA and Fran is from Philly. Fran doesn't consider Chesterfiled to really be Philly, but did acknowledge that he remembers Bo being a good guard back in the day. Bo said he was so impressed with Cartwright he remined him of a Chesterfield PG... Funny little shot at Fran..

Latest posts