End of NCAA FBS

As you are trolling and talking shit, you do realize that the odds of that happening to your Cyclones are still much higher than they are with Iowa? You can get the pom-poms out and hope both programs become truly equal and that very well could come to fruition, but it isn’t going to happen as quickly as you would like.
I could care less about the clowns. Are we sure you aren’t the clown fan? After all, you are the only one talking about them on here…constantly

Define “lucky”. If it gets down to the b10/sec, Iowa turns into even more of a non factor than it currently is
Careful what you wish for. A low population state that doesn’t compete at the highest levels isn’t needed in the new world
We would be part of that chum…like we are currently
If the only thing you’re going to do here is bitch about the Hawkeyes and start shit with someone in every thread you’re in, leave. Or I can do it for you.

And I don’t care what your rebuttal is, it’s either take it or leave it.

For the purposes of discussion, included is an image of the performance of the present P5 teams since 1978, which marked the beginning of the FBS division. It really sorts out kind of who counts and who doesn't count in this new free agent/NIL Era. There are some factor not included like fan attendance, revenue from all sources, and more recent numbers of teams jumping to different conferences.
Football Wins.jpg

Last edited:
I do wonder if a form of super league(s) is created if they won't put a minimum on attendance and coaching pay. Basically let some of the low performers self select out.

Define “lucky”. If it gets down to the b10/sec, Iowa turns into even more of a non factor than it currently is
You're an idiot, Iowa would rank in top 30, likely closer to 20, just like they already do.....with checks notes, the B1G and SEC.

At most there will be 2 16 team conferences. Some Big 10 and SEC teams will leave the conferences.

I don't see teams that are already in conference leaving secondary to the $$$$. I don't see the BIG really asking any teams to leave, especially those that make the academic/research standards. Now if a university is struggling to meet the standards, ala Nebraska, than maybe.

What about Notre Dame?
If they are true to form, they will want to be included in whatever alliance is formed when it benefits them for scheduling, playoffs, etc.
But they will want to be 'independent' and negotiate "Notre Dame only" deals when it comes to tv and other revenue.
Hopefully, any alliance will require they are all-in, or all-out.

ND is going to eventually align with someone when they find out the scheduling issues they will have after the two major conferences stop playing them out of conference. That is what is going to force ND to eventually commit.

For the purposes of discussion, included is an image of the performance of the present P5 teams since 1978, which marked the beginning of the FBS division. It really sorts out kind of who counts and who doesn't count in this new free agent/NIL Era. There are some factor not included like fan attendance, revenue from all sources, and more recent numbers of teams jumping to different conferences.
View attachment 10694

See, Iowa is sitting pretty good.

Below is a set of 4 tables based on 2024/2025 conference affiliation. The bold number on the bottom is the average of the teams' winning percentage. Corrected VA Tech/Florida conference assignment.
Win% by Conf.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see teams that are already in conference leaving secondary to the $$$$. I don't see the BIG really asking any teams to leave, especially those that make the academic/research standards. Now if a university is struggling to meet the standards, ala Nebraska, than maybe.
Top Nebraska officials last year were already seeing the writing on the wall, and publicly said that anybody who thinks Nebraska's future is secure is not paying attention. They realize they've got some work to do.

Latest posts