End of an era for this coaching staff....

There is the kicker, losing to the gophers this year. the team just can not keep losing those types of games where we play really good defense on 1st and 2nd down and then play soft on third to give up big plays. And have a great run game from coker but an uninspired passing game.

I don't know what this means. If you have something to say, then say it. I don't play guessing games.

Thigpen made comments about players. They were probably inappropriate. The athletic department didn't like it, and put pressure on WMT, mostly through I Club donors in Cedar Rapids.

That is the way they operate. There is an arrogance about them. No criticism. None.

The U, for the last two weeks has been quietly lobbying the Insight Bowl. Never mind that this bowl doesn't help where we recruit at, but it is their choice. It's not the bowl payout money either.

Bobby Stoops as a coach? No authority from the President to hire him. None given. Deference to some other folks, who be necessity I won't name.

Three examples. There are many others, and no, I won't post them on the internet, because someone could put two and two together and figure out names.

You are a little overly dramatic, gohawks71.

The only era that is ending is that of you being a true fan, if you ever were, of this program. Or maybe you will no longer post here. Would that be the end of an era?

Oh well. Either way I won't lose much sleep over it.

Thigpen made comments about players. They were probably inappropriate. The athletic department didn't like it, and put pressure on WMT, mostly through I Club donors in Cedar Rapids.

That is the way they operate. There is an arrogance about them. No criticism. None.

The U, for the last two weeks has been quietly lobbying the Insight Bowl. Never mind that this bowl doesn't help where we recruit at, but it is their choice. It's not the bowl payout money either.

Bobby Stoops as a coach? No authority from the President to hire him. None given. Deference to some other folks, who be necessity I won't name.

Three examples. There are many others, and no, I won't post them on the internet, because someone could put two and two together and figure out names.

Three examples of what? I still don't understand.

One is firing a guy from their flagship station for making comments you admit were inappropriate. Another is them trying to go to a bowl game in Phoenix, which, for some reason is horrible...I guess. The third is, from what I can gather, a gripe from the 90's?

Lost me brah. You're right about one thing though, it is best you don't name those Nazis, because then we would know who they are, and we would take out are vengance for their treacherous Insight Bowl lobbying...

Three examples of what? I still don't understand.

One is firing a guy from their flagship station for making comments you admit were inappropriate. Another is them trying to go to a bowl game in Phoenix, which, for some reason is horrible...I guess. The third is, from what I can gather, a gripe from the 90's?

Lost me brah. You're right about one thing though, it is best you don't name those Nazis, because then we would know who they are, and we would take out are vengance for their treacherous Insight Bowl lobbying...

Heck you're right. Shouldn't allow any criticism about how we over achieved the last two seasons.

I hope you're not lumping me in with these guys. All I need to do is listen in the stadium to understand that a significant percentage that attend (and presumably watch on TV, or listen via other media) do not understand the game.

I'm too sometimes am embarrassed by behavior of our fans.

I depart from you in that I am very angry right now.

If they play in a bowl game in Florida, I'll attend. I'll think hard, and purchase season tickets. I'll travel to away games.

I'll end with this. I make every effort to not be critical of the athletes. I am critical of coaching, and especially the gestapo known as the U and its' athletic department.

gestapo?? What a terrible dispay of ignorance! You should be ashamed! Banned for life!

Of course Craig the reality is there is more demand than supply for season ticks, so there will be a whole line if people who will happily take those tickets next year.

If you are going to play the "It's so bad I'm giving up my season tickets" card in an argument it would be wise to do so when there isn't a waiting list for tickets.

Latest posts