Emmanuel Mudiay

MisterLucky

Kentucky's main PG recruiting target, Emmanuel Mudiay, is said to be announcing that he is going to attend SMU today. Wonder what effect this will have on Tyler Ulis?
[h=1][/h]

There are two reasons Mudiay might want to play for SMU:

1. Their coach is HOFer Larry Brown.
2. There are rumors that his school, Prime Prep, will be looked at more favorably in the eyes local accreditation boards if their top athletes stay local. Prime Prep was started last year by Deion Sanders last year, and it has struggled to be recognized as a proper education institution rather than just a degree mill for athletes. Recently, a pair of D1 signees from this past class were declared tentatively ineligible because of their classes at Prime Prep. Some think that if Mudiay and other big-time players from Prime Prep stay home at SMU, TCU, A&M, Texas, or Baylor, Prime Prep will "gain" legitimacy. Again, this is just a rumor, but when it comes to the confluence of Texas politics and Texas sports, anything is possible.

Interesting. Not sure why this would matter to Mudlay unless Prime Time opened up the ATM.

I'd play for Larry B though. That guy can flat out coach.

Interesting. Not sure why this would matter to Mudlay unless Prime Time opened up the ATM.

I'd play for Larry B though. That guy can flat out coach.

Shouldn't Larry be leaving soon? I kid, I kid ... He's been coaching since this was in style. :) And he is a great coach.

old-school-larry-brown.jpg

Shouldn't Larry be leaving soon? I kid, I kid ... He's been coaching since this was in style. :) And he is a great coach.

old-school-larry-brown.jpg

Funny On both fronts.

Larry has coached since this was in style and now long enough for the Jello Brand Pudding to go with that sweater be an appropriate part of his diet.

It's pretty cool to see this sort of commitment.
It would have been like Paige playing for Iowa or Barnes playing for ISU - not many would spurn the best program (and best recruiter) to stay home.

It's pretty cool to see this sort of commitment.
It would have been like Paige playing for Iowa or Barnes playing for ISU - not many would spurn the best program (and best recruiter) to stay home.

I would say this is more like Barnes or Paige choosing UNI over UNC.

Yeah, when I saw this originally it was pretty shocked then I remember Larry Brown is their coach. Pretty nice that the kid said screw Kentucky.

Brown has had an immediate impact at SMU. Sterling Brown, Shannon Brown's younger brother, out of Proviso East, also is going to SMU. Another Chicago area prep, also has signed with SMU. Brown hired the Ilinois St coach as his assistant head coach and he is the heir apparent to take over for Brown when he leaves. Also read that Mudiay was pretty religious so SMU appealed to him.

Latest posts