Email of doom

jesterapparel

Just got it, at least I will be going to the OSU game. I requested 4.

With the extremely high demand we received this year for season tickets, we unfortunately could not fill your entire order and will only be able to offer you a two-game season ticket package. You will receive tickets to the Eastern Illinois game September 4th and tickets to the Ohio State game on November 20th.
We have already made the adjustment to your account and if you would like to accept this offer for the two game ticket package you do not need to do anything else. A refund was processed for the season tickets that you requested, which we were unable to fulfill.
If you wish to decline this offer and would like to receive a full refund, please contact our office at 1-800-IA-HAWKS and we can process your refund at that time.
If you paid for these tickets with a Visa, Discover or Master Card you should see a refund on your statement in 3-5 business days. If you paid by check, a refund check will be mailed out to you in 10-12 business days and if you enrolled in the payment plan, the remaining balance on your account (if applicable) will be divided between the final two payment dates.

On Iowa and Go Hawks!
Mark A. Daniel
The University of Iowa Athletic Ticket Office

I got the same one today :(

Good news, I guess, is that we get the OSU game. Those would've been hard to touch otherwise.

I'm glad I'm a student right now, let me tell ya. Less than half price season tickets? And I'm going an extra semester, so I'll get 5 seasons at that low price. The only thing I'm worried about is that I won't get priority points for those 5 seasons. But, there probably won't be the same kind of push in 4 years for season tickets as there is right now.

Just got it, at least I will be going to the OSU game. I requested 4.

With the extremely high demand we received this year for season tickets, we unfortunately could not fill your entire order and will only be able to offer you a two-game season ticket package. You will receive tickets to the Eastern Illinois game September 4th and tickets to the Ohio State game on November 20th.
We have already made the adjustment to your account and if you would like to accept this offer for the two game ticket package you do not need to do anything else. A refund was processed for the season tickets that you requested, which we were unable to fulfill.
If you wish to decline this offer and would like to receive a full refund, please contact our office at 1-800-IA-HAWKS and we can process your refund at that time.
If you paid for these tickets with a Visa, Discover or Master Card you should see a refund on your statement in 3-5 business days. If you paid by check, a refund check will be mailed out to you in 10-12 business days and if you enrolled in the payment plan, the remaining balance on your account (if applicable) will be divided between the final two payment dates.

On Iowa and Go Hawks!
Mark A. Daniel
The University of Iowa Athletic Ticket Office

Like the saying goes, you can't trust someone with two first names.

People shouldn’t have anything to complain about. At least new applicants were able to get tickets this season as well as the priority points for years of purchase. I don't think there are going to be any single game tickets available for sale in July like in years past.

Last edited:
People shouldn’t have anything to complain about. They are jumping on the bandwagon with this very good team and amazing schedule. Had they bought tickets in the lean years they would have their 4 tickets for each game. I think the ticket office is handling it right.

I can't speak for others, but personally, I'm not complaining about not getting tickets--just disappointed. Obviously, if there is more demand than supply, somebody is going to get left out.

That being said, I'm sure there are others, like me, who have had tickets under somebody else's name the last few years. Before that, I had student tickets for 4 years. Before that, I went to 3-5 games every season since I was 6 years old.

Point being, while it is my first year of applying for general season tickets under my name, I wouldn't exactly call it bandwagoning.

I am waiting to hear myself and haven't heard anything. Does anyone think that maybe the emails are going out alphabetically? My last name starts with an "M" anybody get rejected with a last name further down in the alphabet? Just a random thought I guess. Who knows how they are doing it.

I got the same email and the girl I talked to in the ticket office told me that they credited me with 0 points when I should have had 10 for being alumni.

Needless to say, I'm royally ******. They didn't offer to do anything nor did they seem to care. I'll take the two tickets and 3 extra priority points but I really don't have much faith in the ticket office to get it right next year either. I fear that I'll be in the same boat next year. I guess this means I'm using my refund to pay for a trip to the Arizona game. At least I have that to look forward to.

The ticket office will not have any record of your alumni status. The new season applicant will need to either email the ticket office, call the ticket office or state that you are a graduate of the University of Iowa on your application. I do not think you can blame their office not not knowing that you were not an alum of the UI. Contact the ticket office and they can look that information up for you.

The ticket office will not have any record of your alumni status. The new season applicant will need to either email the ticket office, call the ticket office or state that you are a graduate of the University of Iowa on your application. I do not think you can blame their office not not knowing that you were not an alum of the UI. Contact the ticket office and they can look that information up for you.

Thats probably a good point. On my application I was very specific on where we wanted to sit and also mentioned that I was alum and had been a ticket holder in the past but was unable to renew the last three years because of having kids and getting married.
I have not received my email of doom, but would not be surprised to receive it in the near future.

If you have purchased season tickets in the past, but missed more than 1 year of purchase, your priority points for years of purchase will go down to 0.

I got the same email and the girl I talked to in the ticket office told me that they credited me with 0 points when I should have had 10 for being alumni.

Needless to say, I'm royally ******. They didn't offer to do anything nor did they seem to care. I'll take the two tickets and 3 extra priority points but I really don't have much faith in the ticket office to get it right next year either. I fear that I'll be in the same boat next year. I guess this means I'm using my refund to pay for a trip to the Arizona game. At least I have that to look forward to.

With the amount of orders the ticket office receives, it would be impossible to go through each order to determine if that person is an Iowa alum. That is something you should let them know.

Last edited:
I still haven't received an email yet. I only requested one season ticket. I wonder if that will increase my chances over people who asked for 3 or 4.
Like I said earlier, regardless of whether or not I get the email, I will be in Kinnick this fall. Gettin tickets on gameday(for a decent price) isn't that hard.

With the amount of orders the ticket office receives, it would be impossible to go through each order to determine if that person is an Iow alum. That is something you should let me know.

Let "you" know? Do you work in the ticket office Mr. Maisela?

I have season tickets, but I tell ya, you might want to go to a road game or two. Northwestern is an easy place to get tickets, and there are a lot of hawk fans there. Minnesota may also be a possibility for you.

Road games are fun. I'm going to three (Ariz, NU, and hopefully minny).

GO Hawks.

Latest posts