Email Message from Coach McCaffery

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Got this today, went out to fans that are signed up for the OSR

mad400email.jpg

Of course, this is rah-rah stuff...but sign me up...haven't seen Iowa do something like this actually, so I am glad to see it.

Of course, this is rah-rah stuff...but sign me up...haven't seen Iowa do something like this actually, so I am glad to see it.

I am really glad to see it. Coach knows how important bringing back fas will be and despite not playing a game for 7+ months he is making attempts to get the fan base excited again. This is a great thing!

That is so great to see! How wonderful is it to be excited about Hawkeye basketball again???

Its little things like this that make such a big difference!

I've been MAD for like the past ten years. MAD that my team hasn't been able to compete with the reast of the league most years. MAD that the best players in the state have exhibited no state pride. MAD that our coaches haven't been able to get difference making players. MAD that the home arena has been a horrible environment. MAD that our coach supported a player who ... MAD that our one good team over the last ten years tanked in the tournament.

That being said. I like the emotion and the effort. I don't know if this is an athletic dept. move or coming from Fran, but it really doesn't matter. However, none of it will matter if he doesn't go out and get his Kenny Hasbrouk this summer. He needs that one guy who can compete with the best athletes in the league and can take over games. He has his glue guy - Gatens, his energy Guy - Fuller, his athlete, May, now he needs his star.

Last edited:
Everything about FM is impressive. If his recruiting skills are as effective as his motivational & marketing skills we are in for some very good basketball.

Very happy to see them do something like this in a coordinated effort. Not a bad campaign at all.

Every little bit helps. It's working on me. We see effort on their part, I'm willing to give it back. I'll be going to games next year.

This continues his strong start very nicely. How much did the last 2 staffs attempt to communicate with the fans and integrate them into the program, happy he's a Hawk!

ToothGuy

Again, it won't matter if FM doesn't go out and find that one player. I have worked for enough struggling corporations that have resorted to these kinds of Rah Rah stunts in place of making the necessary changes to succeed.

In these situations, the Rah Rah ends up leading to people being more cynical, because they perceive that you are asking for them to change for nothing.

Go get your player. Give us something REAL to be excited about beyond rhetoric.

A lot of people are going to dismiss this as a bunch of rah-rah, and Cyclone fans will call it desperation (and maybe it is) but......

I LOVE it! I am as excited about Iowa basketball as I've been in a long...long time. Coach Fran just seems to "get it". I was not happy when he was hired, but I've done a complete 180. He's going to succeed. I am even seriously thinking about buying season tickets...which I have NEVER done for Iowa BB.

Latest posts