Eli Carter Blurb

Eli has been very quiet with his recruiting. The kid definitely loves the process, which is good for him. He should be enjoying it. With that said, I wonder if the Iowa coaches are even waiting on him and on the other hand, I wonder if he's waiting on an offer from a school like Pitt.

Has Carter shown any interest in visiting Iowa?

Seems like a long shot. I'll gladly **** in a hat if he commits

Damn you people! I try not to get excited about recruits. Now that I've read the article, I care. I actually care.
Don't break my heart, Eli!

anyone notice a Hawkeye fan calling him Eli fake on his Twitter? nice....real nice.

I did notice and I contacted that fan via twitter and told him to chill out. He's also a poster on hawkeyereport. I checked his profile and noticed he is a 19 year old kid. So I chalked it up to a kid getting to personal with Eli's decision. Totally not acceptable.

In other news. Emmanuel Negedu received a medical disqualification letter. He was a kid that Iowa would have signed had alford stayed. Instead he went to TN until he collapsed on the floor. He then couldn't get cleared to play and he ends up at NM. Anyway, he is no longer playing hoops but he has an interesting tie to Eli Carter - they both played for Brewster Academy (Eli current and Emmanuel prior).

I did notice and I contacted that fan via twitter and told him to chill out. He's also a poster on hawkeyereport. I checked his profile and noticed he is a 19 year old kid. So I chalked it up to a kid getting to personal with Eli's decision. Totally not acceptable.

The internet age is creepy

Well that optimism didn't last long. Now their blurb or whatever has been updated and there are 7 other schools listed, including Pitt. Bye bye Eli.

Well that optimism didn't last long. Now their blurb or whatever has been updated and there are 7 other schools listed, including Pitt. Bye bye Eli.

According to Rivals, Pitt still hasn't offered. Sounds like they're waiting to see if they lose Ashton Gibbs to the NBA before they offer Carter.

I can't wait for the day the Iowa program gets to the level where they don't have to slob on these recruits nobs to get them to come here rather we are controlling the game and the recruits wait on us for things to develop rather than the other way around. Seems like Carter is waiting on Pitt to offer him while we have offered and he could be a start for us right away. This sucks! (no pun intended)

I can't wait for the day the Iowa program gets to the level where they don't have to slob on these recruits nobs to get them to come here rather we are controlling the game and the recruits wait on us for things to develop rather than the other way around. Seems like Carter is waiting on Pitt to offer him while we have offered and he could be a start for us right away. This sucks! (no pun intended)
The hubris of Iowa fans always amazes me. The difference between Iowa and Pittsburgh in terms of their basketball programs is measured in light years at this point. Dixon has that team rocking, a proven track record of getting talent, coaching it well, and sending it to the next level, and is far closer to this kids home. Iowa is in the catch 22 phase of the game, where they need players to improve, but also need to improve to get the players. Fran will be beating the bushes for players for the first few years. It is the time to be patient.

How does my comment make me a "hubris" Iowa fan? All my point was that I wish/can't wait for the day when Iowa basketball is a place where high profile players want to play and would be willing to wait for an offer from Iowa. Perhaps you just suck as an Iowa fan assuming you are even one.

How does my comment make me a "hubris" Iowa fan? All my point was that I wish/can't wait for the day when Iowa basketball is a place where high profile players want to play and would be willing to wait for an offer from Iowa. Perhaps you just suck as an Iowa fan assuming you are even one.

I feel your pain. We aren't on a level playing field with "better" programs, which unfortunately is just about everyone it seems. Those of us old enough to remember good Iowa hoops have a hard time accepting that we have fallen so far. One would think between Colorado State, TCU and Iowa, we would be the hands down favorite (power conference, BTN, loyal fans, practice facility, etc.) but we aren't. (Stokes top 3)

I do find consolation in the fact that McCaffrey, by all accounts, does not get down on bended knee for these kids. He wants kids who want to be here, period. Hard to get them to Iowa in our current state, but it will get better.

The hubris of Iowa fans always amazes me. The difference between Iowa and Pittsburgh in terms of their basketball programs is measured in light years at this point. Dixon has that team rocking, a proven track record of getting talent, coaching it well, and sending it to the next level, and is far closer to this kids home. Iowa is in the catch 22 phase of the game, where they need players to improve, but also need to improve to get the players. Fran will be beating the bushes for players for the first few years. It is the time to be patient.

I do not think you understand the definition of the term ''hubris''.
That would describe a fanbase of a team on top the college bb world saying that Iowa is better than UNC,and we don't need no stinking Harrison Barnes-types....not a program at the bottom with fans lamenting how little leverage we have in the recruiting wars.

It is a catch 22 type of situation. Perhaps the only way to turn it around is a step at a time, baby steps. Seems like the recruiting prospects love stringing teams along. I do like Fran's attitude about not begging these primadonnas to play at Iowa. If they are hesitant about the program, move on. He will find someone else. Fran reminds me of Coach Ferentz as far as finding the diamonds in the rough and converting them to quality players, as he has done with Mel and Bryce. He has also done well with Devyn who adjusted nicely to playing point guard at times. He did an extraordinary job against Purdue, our high point of the season. I really thought we had Cezar wrapped up. Same with Hubbard. Who knows, wait and see. They weren't all that enthused in Stillwater about Cezar signing up, I could find no mention in the Stillwater daily newspaper about it at the time.

I do not think you understand the definition of the term ''hubris''.
That would describe a fanbase of a team on top the college bb world saying that Iowa is better than UNC,and we don't need no stinking Harrison Barnes-types....not a program at the bottom with fans lamenting how little leverage we have in the recruiting wars.

Or how about a program that is so ON TOP they tell recruits if they want to play there, they need to sell themselves to the program instead of the program selling itself to the recruit?

Latest posts