Ejuan Price

My best guess would be Pitt for him...I'd love to see him in a Hawkeye uniform though...kid was explosive and had talent.

Im not even sure we have a scholly for him. Talk over on the Buckeye board was that he was very unsure of where he wanted to go even after he signed with OSU.

I bet he ends up closer to home and goes to Pitt.

We already loaded up on LBs in the '11 recruiting class. My guess is that the "ship has sailed" for Price to land at Iowa. It's not too unlike how Hendy missed out on the Hawks.

We already loaded up on LBs in the '11 recruiting class. My guess is that the "ship has sailed" for Price to land at Iowa. It's not too unlike how Hendy missed out on the Hawks.

Homer, perhaps you are correct, that "that ship has sailed", but I think it would be foolish for Iowa not to look into this. He was someone we were after earlier, the coaching staff must have had some good feelings towards him. We aren't that deep at any position, and given our unfortunate history of injuries, I would hope the coaching staff takes a real hard look at him again.

By the way, it feels so good to see a kid jump ship from that uber-cheater program!

Considering the circumstances, if Price wants to come to Iowa then I think the coaching staff should welcome him.

It's not like Iowa is stealing (or poaching) a recruit away from a member Big Ten school. OSU is the one not abiding by the rules. The Buckeyes have it coming to them.

Considering the circumstances, if Price wants to come to Iowa then I think the coaching staff should welcome him.

It's not like Iowa is stealing (or poaching) a recruit away from a member Big Ten school. OSU is the one not abiding by the rules. The Buckeyes have it coming to them.

Isnt this very similar to the Ben Brust situation?

The NCAA let all of the USC recruits transfer. The ban hammer is coming, so I'm guessing Price will be able to leave if he wishes.

Media reports indicate that OSU will announce their decision tomorrow, regarding Price's request for a release. Since he hasn't enrolled yet he should be able to transfer without sitting out a year, provided he gets the release. However, if they do release him it may come with restrictions that would prevent him from accepting a scholarship at another Big 10 school.

Media reports indicate that OSU will announce their decision tomorrow, regarding Price's request for a release. Since he hasn't enrolled yet he should be able to transfer without sitting out a year, provided he gets the release. However, if they do release him it may come with restrictions that would prevent him from accepting a scholarship at another Big 10 school.
IMO the NCAA should announce right now due to the nature of the situation you are all released from your LOI's and are free to go wherever you wish.
OSU should not have any say at all.

Osu has a history of granting unconditional releases I can't imagine anything else happening here.

The NCAA let all of the USC recruits transfer. The ban hammer is coming, so I'm guessing Price will be able to leave if he wishes.

They did that after USC had sanctions levied against them. Price would enroll before the NCAA has made a decision. Different situations.

Latest posts