EJ TWEET!!!

WR Derrick Willies

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61DucBoGAck]Derrick Willies jr Season - YouTube[/ame]

Derrick Willies - Yahoo! Sports

3* WR out of Rock Island who has massively long arms. Beat out Iowa State and Northern Illinois, and some FCS schools for his services.

He looks a little raw, which is probably why some bigger schools are not on him yet. I like what he can bring to the table and how he will fit into Iowa's system. Iowa has always looked for good bolcking WR (McNutt, DJK) that still can catch the ball.

6'3" 4.4 40YD, catches with his hands and blocks as well? The competition during the summer would have changed dramatically for this kid.

Says he is a pretty big Hawkeyes fan.. aside from all that, you'd think that played a part as well.

Kid looks promising. My biggest take away from his video is his focus and intent on the ball with defenders making a play on the ball and on his fade routes. You don't enough of that in college. Give me a guy who will make a play on the ball any day.

Says he is a pretty big Hawkeyes fan.. aside from all that, you'd think that played a part as well.

Yeah, not saying he would have changed his mind. Just that his list of offers would have been more extensive.

Only thing I would be worried about is if Lane Kiffin noticed. But, I don't see that happening. At least we don't have to worry about Michigan or ND. :D

265 bench is not much by college football standards. A guy his size should put up at least 300.

Kid weighs 190 lbs. 75 lbs above your weight is pretty good, especially for a skill position like receiver where speed and route running is the main focus of their workouts. If he thinks he needs to, he could easily get his bench to 300 before getting to campus.

265 bench is not much by college football standards. A guy his size should put up at least 300.

post like this make me shake my head....maybe not much for a lineman... But that is a HUGE number by a 17 year old, 190 lb. wr in high school.

just...wow.

Latest posts