EJ TWEET!!!

post like this make me shake my head....maybe not much for a lineman... But that is a HUGE number by a 17 year old, 190 lb. wr in high school.

just...wow.

Yep, he is just going into his SR year of HS. Once he gets to Iowa and perhaps a RS year he will be 210 by the time he hits the field and much stronger. He looks pretty lean so putting on good weight should not be a problem.

post like this make me shake my head....maybe not much for a lineman... But that is a HUGE number by a 17 year old, 190 lb. wr in high school.

just...wow.

totally agree. there always has to be 'that guy' when it comes to bench stats.

to that poster - remind again the benefit of a high bench stat?

265 bench is not much by college football standards. A guy his size should put up at least 300.

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Holy f*ck people I didn't realize he was only a jr. Man, you guys were on me white on rice, damn!

Wouldn't u agree that bench press is important when blocking? Especially on those outside runs, it can be the difference between a 5 yd gain and a 20 yd gain

Wouldn't u agree that bench press is important when blocking? Especially on those outside runs, it can be the difference between a 5 yd gain and a 20 yd gain

Nobody is saying strength isn't important. The point everyone is making is that a high school kid who plays a skill position is benching 265, which is pretty darn good going into his senior year. The issue of strength doesn't appear to be a concern here.

Nobody is saying strength isn't important. The point everyone is making is that a high school kid who plays a skill position is benching 265, which is pretty darn good going into his senior year. The issue of strength doesn't appear to be a concern here.

Exactly.

The NFL Combine is what...x number of reps at 225 pounds, I think. Your WR's do 12 - 20 reps. A kid coming out of HS who can bench 265 can probably push 225 as many times as WR's at the NFL Combine.

We are all in agreement that you have no clue what you are talking about.

We are all in agreement that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Also, not to forget, the kids also got some wheels, and is still only a junior with a couple of track seasons to further develop there as well. (guessing with a 4.4 hes in track).

Pretty solid stats for a kid at any level for that position.

Latest posts