Eddy P. statements

I watched this entire play develop right in front of me from my seat in the North Endzone. He simply waited until the LB's and DB's cleared out down the field in coverage, then ran. There was NO ONE between Pryor and the sticks when decided to take off. He could have lightly jogged his way to the first down. That is a problem.

+1, but I saw it from the 35 yard line.

Wow...I think if our offense would have scored 25+ pts every game the 2nd half of the season, we wouldn't be having this conversation. & we have a more than capable offense to do so.

Wow...I think if our offense would have scored 25+ pts every game the 2nd half of the season, we wouldn't be having this conversation. & we have a more than capable offense to do so.

Stop the subtle O'Keefe bashing. He didn't have the weapons to score 25 a game. We've had injuries on the o-line and we lack experienced depth at tailback. It's a miracle we scored 17 on NU and 18 on IU with the injuries we've had.

I watched this entire play develop right in front of me from my seat in the North Endzone. He simply waited until the LB's and DB's cleared out down the field in coverage, then ran. There was NO ONE between Pryor and the sticks when decided to take off. He could have lightly jogged his way to the first down. That is a problem.

From my 35 yard line seat...same thing.

BTW--from the endzone at Evanston a week earlier, I noted that Persa rolled and the LBs and CBs were cleared out because they had to cover receivers. This left him with ample running room on the entire left side of the field. Eerily similar. I'm not saying that there is an easy answer for this, but teams know what to go after with this Iowa defense.

I'm not saying that there is an easy answer for this, but teams know what to go after with this Iowa defense.

OSU game planned Iowa very well. We had no answer for the option. Our guys were put in a two against one position of choosing between Pryor and the pitch man a few times.

Not bashing Okeefe here because I don't think he's responsible. I DO think the offense had as much of a part in this loss as the defense does. The absolute WORST thing that could have happened at the 5 minute mark was an offense to go 3 and OUT with a gassed defense. I was really looking for the offense to take the ball down the field and make a statement. At the point that didn't happen, I knew we were in for trouble.

In a close game, you can point to many things that had they went our way the outcome could have been different. I guess watching the thing - I wanted our offense to march down the field in the next to last possession and take control. The defense needed that and the offense needed to burn time anyhow. Our offense seems inept at crucial times when we need them and we rely to heavily on a tired Def. That's my opinion.

Stop the subtle O'Keefe bashing. He didn't have the weapons to score 25 a game. We've had injuries on the o-line and we lack experienced depth at tailback. It's a miracle we scored 17 on NU and 18 on IU with the injuries we've had.

You're being sarcastic, right?

Please tell me you are.

No offense but fill me in on Eddie P's coaching/teaching resume. Norm has forgotten more football than Eddie has EVER known.

Also, the very fact that Eddie is such a die-hard Hawkeye is one of the very reasons why he's NOT necessarily one of the most objective sources. And, objectivity can also go the other way ... often an emotional response can be OVERLY critical.

Eddie enjoys good "street cred" because he's noted for not just being a blind homer. However, that just reflects the fact that he'll be critical of the program on occasion too.

images

OSU game planned Iowa very well. We had no answer for the option. Our guys were put in a two against one position of choosing between Pryor and the pitch man a few times.

Yeah real tough to coach vs Iowa there game plan is so vastly different. (Ask Fitz)

Last edited:
I thought EddyP got banned last week? Along with NewMexHawk?
;)

Oops meant fitz you know the coach that is a sub .500 coach in the big ten, but has a winning record vs Iowa.

Don't knock Fitz, backing out non-con play in 2006 when he was thrust into the job in unfortunate circumstances, he is only three wins behind Ferentz from B10 play through this week.

Homer:

Trying to pull out the Norm card is more than suspect at this point. Norm is a part time figurehead at best. Your response should have referenced KF or perhaps P. Parker. No way Norm should be brought into the discussion.

And yes, Iowa's coaches have been playing the fat cat we don't have to work hard to scheme any differently for any particular team. Other coaches are putting in the hours to figure out how to take advantage of other teams weaknesses. Iowa only does this when they have a month to prepare for a bowl game.

Tell me which 'spy' is faster that Pryor in the open field on that ;)

So in other words, why bother? It is just better to leave an entire half of the field empty and hope Pryor doesn't see it?? Of course Iowa doesn't have a "spy" that would be as fast..but criminy Jon....you just don't leave a wide open field like that!

As for Ed Podolak.....sure, he may be a "homer", but he doesn't criticize the coaching staff much. I remember back in 2000(?) when he got so disgusted he ripped off his headset and left the booth the second the game was over.

Latest posts