Eating Crow.

truehawk

Is what I hope 75% of you are doing in December when these coaching changes pan out and we actually win some games this year. None of you may be excited about these changes but I bet all of these coaches will be looking to show why they've got. All that matters is if the coaches are excited and I think we'll see a few new wrinkles on D and on O.

How often does it work to switch coaching positions from one side to the other?? Why not hire someone with direct coaching ties to that specific position?

Is what I hope 75% of you are doing in December when these coaching changes pan out and we actually win some games this year. None of you may be excited about these changes but I bet all of these coaches will be looking to show why they've got. All that matters is if the coaches are excited and I think we'll see a few new wrinkles on D and on O.

NewMex and the bunch like him are HOPING they can shove this in your face in Dec. also, after the Hawks have suffered another embarrassing 7-5 season and are heading to the Insight bowl once again! :rolleyes:

NewMex and the bunch like him are HOPING they can shove this in your face in Dec. also, after the Hawks have suffered another embarrassing 7-5 season and are heading to the Insight bowl once again! :rolleyes:

or we go 0-12 and mass suicides begin. :rolleyes:

I think most of us expect 2012 to be a little rough. We are young on the D-line, and lost some key people on both sides of the ball. So if we go 7-5, I really hope people don't start blaming it on these internal hires. If anything, blame the head coach for some of the chaos the last couple of years. With that said, we have had a couple of strong recruiting classes, and I am confident we can have some strong seasons in the near future.

Eagles switched offense coach to D coordinator last year. By end of year they were playing pretty good. O line coaches, I would think, know plenty about d line play, as they coach against it. Not too worried bout that move.

I'm personally not a big fan of the hire, but I'll be the first one to admit that I'm praying they give me a reason to change my opinion of the hire. I'm more than willing to eat crow should we see positive results. I hope it's a big friggin crow!!

I'mt personally not a big fan of the hire, but I'll be the first one to admit that I'm praying they give me a reason to change my opinion of the hire. I'm more than willing to eat crow should we see positive results. I hope it's a big friggin crow!!
Very open-minded answer, well put.

These moves = joke, imo. Especially Morgan, where the OL never was as good as it was under Philbin's tutelage, even with Kirk's help. And Wilson to db's, what is that????

These moves = joke, imo. Especially Morgan, where the OL never was as good as it was under Philbin's tutelage, even with Kirk's help. And Wilson to db's, what is that????
So your going on record that you will eat serious crow if these moves work.

I hope the hawks have a great season, win the B1G, win the B1G title, and end up in a BCS Bowl. I am still a Hawk fan and have been for more than 55 years...I just have no expectations for the Iowa football program anymore...

I have just tempered all of my expectations and just don't expect much more than a 7 win season with this staff any more regardless of the talent we have, that's all. I just refuse to get excited anymore at the beginning of the season only to be disappointed by losing to the likes of the Iowa States, Minnesotas, Indianas, and so forth who ruin what would otherwise be a fine season. Especially now that the rest of the B1G knows how to beat Iowa and this staff will do nothing different.

I just refuse to sit here and jump on a bandwagon with many others and shout and tell everyone how great a coach Ferentz is when he is average at best. Great coaches adapt to a changing game, which is what college football is doing. Ferentz is the Tom Davis of college football...he plays one way, and one way only. Adapting to a changing landscape is not in Ferentz's playbook, regardless what happens. He could be a great coach but he will remain an average coach because of his stubborness and his refusal to adapt even a little bit.

I have accepted that...that is Ferentz but I don't have to cheer about it and make excuses for him. Iowa will be an average or below average team in the B1G in the coming years but most Iowa fans are more than happy with that. On occasion, Iowa will get lucky and have a better than average year and fans will toot Ferentz's horn and call him a truly great coach because he is at lowly Iowa and Barta will want to give him another big pay raise.

That's just the way it is...

I'm actually not upset about PP taking over DC. The timing was awful and, essentially, hung PP out to dry. Now everyone gets to second guess whether he was the first choice or the only one left after the dust settled. Doesn't seem fair to him.

I have a bigger worry about Wilson to DBs. Not sure why but special teams preformance doesn't help. Morris doesn't seem to have progressed like I'd hoped either.

Latest posts