East Coast Juco PG?

DuffMan

Someone should be looking into possible PG's at East Coast Juco's, or any Juco's that Fran has ties with. He alluded that after adressing current players and players that have signed he will address team needs as it pertains to available schollies. I think we all agree that we need another ture PG. The prevailing wisdom has been Kaylon or the other kid... Alexander??? Those guys are probably still on the talbe for the new guy but it's also possible he has someone in mind from Juco's he's mined talent from in the past.

I think Iowa has the best shot at KW, he is local so he wont be hard to meet with and people have said he wants to stay close to home.

Someone should be looking into possible PG's at East Coast Juco's, or any Juco's that Fran has ties with. He alluded that after adressing current players and players that have signed he will address team needs as it pertains to available schollies. I think we all agree that we need another ture PG. The prevailing wisdom has been Kaylon or the other kid... Alexander??? Those guys are probably still on the talbe for the new guy but it's also possible he has someone in mind from Juco's he's mined talent from in the past.
Alas, not many serious juco programs in the Northeast; mostly midwest, south & (in football especially) west coast.
Alexander was slated to be a Hawkeye until Lickliter was out; he has committed to North Dakota & is no longer an option. Given the doubts about Williams past behavioral mishaps McCaffery is likely to get a negative run-down & that probably means the odds against Williams won't be much reduced.
If Randy Larson (with the vocal support of Gatens, Fuller & May) can persuade McCaffery to give Tucker back his schollie, there may not be an opening for a new PG anyway. And if a schollie is available as a result of Brommer or Archie (very unlikely) transferring out, conceivably it would be used to bring in another big if one turns up who looks to be more help in the long run than any PG uncommitted at this late stage.

Last edited:
Alas, not many serious juco programs in the Northeast; mostly midwest, south & (in football especially) west coast.
Alexander was slated to be a Hawkeye until Lickliter was out; he has committed to North Dakota & is no longer an option. Given the doubts about Williams past behavioral mishaps McCaffery is likely to get a negative run-down & that probably means the odds against Williams won't be much reduced.
If Randy Larson (with the vocal support of Gatens, Fuller & May) can persuade McCaffery to give Tucker back his schollie, there may not be an opening for a new PG anyway. And if a schollie is available as a result of Brommer or Archie (very unlikely) transferring out, conceivably it would be used to bring in another big if one turns up who looks to be more help in the long run than any PG uncommitted at this late stage.

I talked with my source and Alexander has not committed to North Dakota. He was there this weekend, but no commitment.

Latest posts