Easily

I really hope Garza is back to try to make a title run. But it's far from guaranteed.

If Nunge can come close to the season that Kriener is having this year, I'll be ecstatic. The guy is averaging 8 points on 4.9 shots in only 17 minutes per game. He's also shooting 41.7%(!!!!!) from 3. That's crazy good efficiency and it's helping to spread the floor for other guys and get us points when we need them most with Garza on the bench.

I'll still maintain that Nunge's ceiling is higher, but Kriener's confidence/swagger really helps this team. I just hope Nunge can find his rhythm after a mentally brutal injury out of a redshirt year.

The outside shooting will continue to be a major strength next season and the more guys you have with the ability to shoot it, the less likely it is the whole team will have an off shooting night.

I would guess Nunge would be a downgrade on offense initially, but an immediate upgrade on defense. Probably a push overall.

JBo is the best 3 point shooter under pressure in the country, he showed this year he can play the point and his defense was average. He will be a starter if healthy, he wont be coming off the bench. Fran will mix and match and Jordan gets as many minutes as he can handle. Especially if Garza doesn't come back.
Hopefully JBo won't "grad transfer" to the Badgers:)

I would guess Nunge would be a downgrade on offense initially, but an immediate upgrade on defense. Probably a push overall.

That was the idea but let's be real, he did not look impressive on either side of the floor prior to his injury.

I know it's cruel to say, but hasnt this team gotten better been in part that the offense and defense became more efficient with him sidelined?

That was the idea but let's be real, he did not look impressive on either side of the floor prior to his injury.

I know it's cruel to say, but hasnt this team gotten better been in part that the offense and defense became more efficient with him sidelined?

Nunge has yet to find his footing at the college level. Kind of like a young Uthoff. And like a young Uthoff, he’ll only improve with experience and get more consistent. I’m not worried about him, he’s just too talented to keep down forever. Things will click and then it will get ugly for opposing teams.

There is something to consider in evaluating Jbo's future. Are we a better team defensively without him on the court. I would say yes. Would Jbo be ok with splitting 40 minutes in half with JT at 20 minutes apiece? It will be a game to game decision on minutes played.

Latest posts