Easily

SheagleHawk

my favorite Iowa team in the last 20 years. Just can’t say enough good things about this team. Even Fran. I’m wondering how Jordan cracks the starting lineup next year. JT is coming along nicely and gives us something Jordan never will be able to on the defensive end. Even in zone. No one is unseating CJ and Joe Smooth. Are we a better team if Jordan comes off the bench next year?

These games are nerve wracking. I wish I could get past the thought with every game we are going to blow it, these aren't the same old Hawkeys.

With JBo next year, start or off the bench, doesn't matter, we will have one more good shooter in there. Between Jow W, CJ and JBo we should always have a good shooter on the floor.

I think JBo is such an unselfish player it doesn't matter to him how many minutes he plays or if he starts. But rest assured he will be in the game in closing time. Probably the best free throw shooter in the league, best three point shooter, can handle the ball better than you think, smart, and the swagger it takes to do it. I think he loves and embraces that role.

I hope Joe T makes a big jump next year and starts next to Bohannon. Even if he doesn't start, that offense will be crazy with a quick penetrator (like me) surrounded by three shooters and Garza.

Oh a healthy JBo is starting over Joe T yet next yr... Joe T will get a ton of time but he won't start ahead of him. Which will be totally fine. I think we are a JBo away from having a ridiculously tough offense to try and defend. You can't double Garza now pretty much. I mean leaving JW, CJF open is a pretty dumb strategy. You add JBo and it'll be ridiculous.

If this team collapses like a few other teams have then this will be a mooo point.

They have, however, given evidence multiple times that this team isn’t prone to collapsing.

They fight.
For Iowa

(Couldn’t resist)

These games are nerve wracking. I wish I could get past the thought with every game we are going to blow it, these aren't the same old Hawkeys.

With JBo next year, start or off the bench, doesn't matter, we will have one more good shooter in there. Between Jow W, CJ and JBo we should always have a good shooter on the floor.
Even the best teams lose 3-7 games a year. Relax, enjoy the ride.

I think JBo is such an unselfish player it doesn't matter to him how many minutes he plays or if he starts. But rest assured he will be in the game in closing time. Probably the best free throw shooter in the league, best three point shooter, can handle the ball better than you think, smart, and the swagger it takes to do it. I think he loves and embraces that role.
JBo, Toussaint, etc. Where will the minutes go? Too many good players for slots to fill. That's a nice problem to have.

JBo in the last minutes of the game is GOLD...at the FT line. Can't have enough good shooters.

Assuming JBo is able to come back healthy next year Fran could end up splitting the PG minutes 50/50 between JBo and JoeT. A "two headed monster" at PG could be quite effective given their skill sets. 10 fouls to give, one excels on D and the other on O. Both would have fresh legs through the game and later in the year as the season grinds on. Nice problem to have.

Oh a healthy JBo is starting over Joe T yet next yr... Joe T will get a ton of time but he won't start ahead of him. Which will be totally fine. I think we are a JBo away from having a ridiculously tough offense to try and defend. You can't double Garza now pretty much. I mean leaving JW, CJF open is a pretty dumb strategy. You add JBo and it'll be ridiculous.
It’s a good problem to have. Assuming Joe T continues to improve I think starting him makes a ton of sense for defense and matchup purposes to begin the game. Offense is not going to be an issue with that first group. Now Fran and JBo would have to be on board with it and Jbo would still get a ton of minutes at both the one and two spots. Could win 6th man of the year in the B1G.

It’s a good problem to have. Assuming Joe T continues to improve I think starting him makes a ton of sense for defense and matchup purposes to begin the game. Offense is not going to be an issue with that first group. Now Fran and JBo would have to be on board with it and Jbo would still get a ton of minutes at both the one and two spots. Could win 6th man of the year in the B1G.
Yeah I could see that. I doubt it would play out that way but it's plausible.

I'd imagine CMac would be in at the end over Joe T. It gives us a little more size and CMac is a good free throw shooter. His 4 FT's last night were huge.
CMac is pretty brutal jump shooting, last option usually. That said, there is no one I would rather have had chosen to seal it with those big free throws than him. He knows his limitations and strengths pretty well, as does Pemsl. Team players.

I'd imagine CMac would be in at the end over Joe T. It gives us a little more size and CMac is a good free throw shooter. His 4 FT's last night were huge.
I could see some situational def/off platoon with JoeT and CMac

my favorite Iowa team in the last 20 years. Just can’t say enough good things about this team. Even Fran. I’m wondering how Jordan cracks the starting lineup next year. JT is coming along nicely and gives us something Jordan never will be able to on the defensive end. Even in zone. No one is unseating CJ and Joe Smooth. Are we a better team if Jordan comes off the bench next year?

After a good win, it's easy to get caught up in the flow and excitement of this team. But are you asking - will we be better with or without JBo off the bench next year? Easy answer, better with him. Added depth? Check. Proven shooter, confident ball handler, all-time elite FT shooter? Check, check, check.