Early Lines: Iowa (-9.5) over ISU

spliff45

Also: Iowa at Minny (PK), Wiscky (-6) at Iowa, Iowa (-1) vs. Nebraska

MillerandBrinson‏@MillerBrinson·30 mins
Iowa is favored by 9.5 over Iowa State at the Golden Nugget in LV. Neutral field Hawks only a 4 pt favorite!? Seems low, thoughts.

MillerandBrinson‏@MillerBrinson·27 mins View translation
Iowa at Gophers PK, Wicsy favored by 6 at Iowa, Iowa -1 vs Nebraska
West Virginia at Iowa State PK

I say that if things play out from last year to this year as far as loss of players, incoming talent etc the hawks should win by 20.

Last year was a beat down for 3 qtrs until the hawks got conservative on offense and missed a couple of tackles on defense.

I think the only way ISU scores is if Iowa gives up big pass plays just like last year. I think the hawks should score 35 on ISU.

This has the feeling of the 2008-09 35-zip type of game although ISU will score some.

Last year was a beat down for 3 qtrs until the hawks got conservative on offense... not a reach to see that happening again, it's the M.O. for KFz

I think the only way ISU scores is if Iowa gives up big pass plays just like last year. I agree I think the hawks should score 35 on ISU. Should, Yes.

This has the feeling of the 2008-09 35-zip type of game although ISU will score some.
Certainly has the potential to be, we should dominate on both lines. And we're deep enough at RB to just keep coming at em. I just wish KFz would squash teams once we get em down instead of playing ball control

Iowa in a pickem against the Gophers is almost laughable. The Hawks dumped on them last year...a complete domination.

Every year I tell myself I'll never bet Iowa over ISU and then while tailgating I get really drunk and hop on my cell phone and place a wager. Never fails. I blame the smartphones

I think this rivalry had finally swung the other ways in the Vegas' eyes. For the past 15 years (not counting last year) the Hawks have always been too big of a favorite. We would see waaaaaay to big a line for the Hawks, and half the time they would lose the flipping game. Without looking I'd venture to bet Iowa only covered maybe 2-4 time in the KF ERA (not including last year).

Last year was the first time the line was skewed too far Clown. I bet the Hawks and the over that game and it paid off. This line to me seems to low as well. I just don't see the Clowns stopping the Hawks on the ground, and when Iowa can run the ball at will, 95% of the time they completely control that game.

I think this rivalry had finally swung the other ways in the Vegas' eyes. For the past 15 years (not counting last year) the Hawks have always been too big of a favorite. We would see waaaaaay to big a line for the Hawks, and half the time they would lose the flipping game. Without looking I'd venture to bet Iowa only covered maybe 2-4 time in the KF ERA (not including last year). Last year was the first time the line was skewed too far Clown. I bet the Hawks and the over that game and it paid off. This line to me seems to low as well. I just don't see the Clowns stopping the Hawks on the ground, and when Iowa can run the ball at will, 95% of the time they completely control that game.
Mangino is good for about 9 points on the spread.

Might ISU actually have a decent offense this year? I really like that WR of theirs ( Bundridge?). He looked better that anyone we have last year. Don't know much else about them.

That's the easiest money we'll see this year. ISU is going to win 2 or 3 games. We're going undefeated. It should be about 35 points. This puppies in IC. Goofy line.

I would be VERY careful about getting too confident about the Minny game. They return a pretty decent OL and improve at most skill positions. Their glaring loss is Hageman, but they still return some good personnel.

Latest posts