Early Lines: Iowa (-9.5) over ISU

ISU doesn't have a defense. I was just looking at their depth chart. Their best defensive player may very well be a 5'10 179 lb. freshman CB. It doesn't even look like they are going to have a starting CB with a height over 5'10. Sam Richardson will likely be the starting CB opposite of Tribune, and he's 5'7 for crying out loud. In terms of size, it looks like the Cyclones are fielding a Division 2 defense. Derrick Willies and Jacob Hillyer are both 6'4 and Tevaun Smith is 6'2. Those are mismatches in the passing game, but even bigger mismatches in the running game. Iowa's already going to have a clear advantage up front (OL vs. DL). I hadn't even considered the advantage the Hawks will have with their size at the WR position. Sounds like a great opportunity for Iowa to find which RB is the best. They should have a field day on these guys.

Morrissey could be considered their D's best player, but he's going to be matched up against Scherff and/or Donnal most of the game (they could try to move him around) so I highly doubt he'll make an impact.

I see Iowa with 300yds rushing and a couple hundred more passing. 42-17 Hawks. I only give ya 42 points cause KF will call off the dogs midway through the 3rd.

We basically have stryofoam blocking dummies on our D-line. Play action is gonna burn us twice.

ISU doesn't have a defense. I was just looking at their depth chart. Their best defensive player may very well be a 5'10 179 lb. freshman CB. It doesn't even look like they are going to have a starting CB with a height over 5'10. Sam Richardson will likely be the starting CB opposite of Tribune, and he's 5'7 for crying out loud. In terms of size, it looks like the Cyclones are fielding a Division 2 defense. Derrick Willies and Jacob Hillyer are both 6'4 and Tevaun Smith is 6'2. Those are mismatches in the passing game, but even bigger mismatches in the running game. Iowa's already going to have a clear advantage up front (OL vs. DL). I hadn't even considered the advantage the Hawks will have with their size at the WR position. Sounds like a great opportunity for Iowa to find which RB is the best. They should have a field day on these guys.

Morrissey could be considered their D's best player, but he's going to be matched up against Scherff and/or Donnal most of the game (they could try to move him around) so I highly doubt he'll make an impact.

You must not have heard....They have a wizard for a defensive coordinator!

Latest posts