Early Line: Iowa at MSU

That feels pretty high. I don't bet on sports but if I did, I'd be really tempted to take Iowa.

I hope that we can run the ball as effectively as we have and Vandy can just manage the game. I would love to see our oline knocking spartans out of the way for Weisman to get to the 2nd level and punish their dbacks. Play action and hit a WR deep. Should be a defensive bttle.

As of this post, the spread now at MSU -10. Y'all better hurry up and get those bets in if you still want the Hawks. <Take the points.>

Sagarin has MSU at between a 10 and a 7.5 point favorite, depending on which predictor you look at.

With Micah Hyde it might be a little high, without Micah it might be close. I do believe we will play respectably. I still remember the unsportsman like conduct last season in the fourth quarter when we were staging a comeback and a MSU player would fake a injury to stop the momentum and stagger off the field, only to come back in the next play and suffer another injury to stop play. I despise the Spartans win at any cost attitude plus their dirty play demonstrated over the years under Dantonio.....

yah...Jerel Worthy was one of them faking an injury....but now he's a Packer...so all is forgiven....now really.....but yah...

I think Weisman scores this week. And the Spartans won't be faking injuries after he runs over them and knocks them a$$ over appetite.

Ala Schoen Green against MSU his senior year when they carried a Spartan off the field seriously injured almost every play in the fourth quarter, Fm.....

:)

This is easy money for Iowa. Mich State looked awful. I can see why they dropped out of the top 25 as quickly as they did. They are an embarrassment to the BIG. Weisman going for 225+ on them...

Do yourself a favor and bet against our beloved Hawks. I think the game could get ugly and if it does the extra cash will be a consolation prize. If Iowa was to cover and still lose you are going to be more ****** about the game anyway and if Iowa was to somehow win then you won't care about losing the coin.

Iowa always seems to surprise in situations like this (ie when they are expected to lose badly) they play their ***** off. Plus, Michigan St is not good on offense especially now since their no.1 receiving threat (TE Sims) is out with an ankle injury. With that said, I think we keep it close but lose a close one (ie 17-13). The difference being an away game and what little offense we have shown magically disappears on the road. Michigan St isn't much better than us on offense, their defense is better but were moved on in the first half by a pretty weak Indiana team. Who knows, maybe we keep it close and steal another one from them at their place.

Last edited:
So have any of you guys watched MSU play at all this year? They stink. Expect a close game, or if it's not close, expect Iowa to be ahead. Remember, Ferentz's teams (almost) always get better as the season progresses.

So have any of you guys watched MSU play at all this year? They stink. Expect a close game, or if it's not close, expect Iowa to be ahead. Remember, Ferentz's teams (almost) always get better as the season progresses.

Except in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2011.

So 60% of the time, it works everytime.

Except for the Indiana game I wouldn't say that Mich State stinks. Thought they looked pretty good against Boise St and Ohio St and below avg against Notre Dame. The Hawks better hope that JVB can pass with consistency or else it is going to be a very long day for the offense as they will face nothing but 8 men at the line of scrimmage all afternoon. If JVB can pass the ball then the Hawks should be fairly competitive. I believe Mich St will come out extremely fired up after last weekends poor performance. Hopefully the Hawks can excel on special teams and control the ball.....if not, it will be a very long and painful day for them. It will be interesting to see how they handle their first true road game of the season.

I think the spread is too low. Iowa has absolutely zero resemblance of any form of a passing game. Indiana at least does. It's light years ahead of Iowa's and was able to make MSU pay for it until MSU made adjustments in second half. If Indiana had any form of running game or defense they win. Iowa will meet their first true defensive test Saturday. If Iowa can't run the ball then this game turns into another beatdown.

Says the guy who had Iowa as an underdog to both Northern Illannoy and MN.

Latest posts